Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: So what the actual process?

Semi autos get refused sometimes. At a stage semi auto shotguns were being refused often.

You shouldn’t have a problem provided your motivations are sound. Are you putting the motivation together yourself or going to a lawyer?

Otherwise don’t over think it and just do it!

User

Quote Originally Posted by GunOrNot View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Thought we (wife and I) were done with the DFO.
    I'm applying under section 16 and wifey section 13
    @GunOrNot,
    Greetings you will not be able to apply under section 16 for your first firearm. Basically you first need Dedicated status to apply for Section 16. Anyways there’s a thread with all the specials going on. Don’t see how your competency can be refused easily, my advice would be when submitting any application double check everything before handing it in to your local DFO, because he will forward your application to Provincial even when something is incorrect in your application and yes you can appeal your applications.

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...riday-specials

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Semi autos get refused sometimes. At a stage semi auto shotguns were being refused often.

You shouldn’t have a problem provided your motivations are sound. Are you putting the motivation together yourself or going to a lawyer?
    Otherwise don’t over think it and just do it!
    Haven’t come across the motivation hurdle yet. I’m sure there’s enough resource here on GS to put together for a successful application? Unless you advise heading through the legal, buy once cry once route to get it done then I’m all ears. I did make contact with legally armed months ago. Nothing came of it.

thank you for your feedback

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @GunOrNot,
    Greetings you will not be able to apply under section 16 for your first firearm. Basically you first need Dedicated status to apply for Section 16. Anyways there’s a thread with all the specials going on. Don’t see how your competency can be refused easily, my advice would be when submitting any application double check everything before handing it in to your local DFO, because he will forward your application to Provincial even when something is incorrect in your application and yes you can appeal your applications.

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...riday-specials
    Thanks Branden. Yeah I’ve got dedicated status with NHSA. Membership in good standing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GunOrNot View Post
    Haven’t come across the motivation hurdle yet. I’m sure there’s enough resource here on GS to put together for a successful application?

You could make use of a service like this https://gosaonline.co.za/Pages/Legal-Enquiries.asp that could do a proper motivation for you.

If you want to see a few examples DM me your email address.
    I submitted my license app for Section 13 in August using Safari Outdoor’s motivation assistance. It’s mandatory if you purchase your firearm on the 6 month interest free pay system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2