Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Bulk 223 bullets needed.

Does anybody know about any decent 223 bullets (NB not rounds but just the projectiles) available in bulk? Please advise.

User

Default Re: Bulk 223 bullets needed.

If you want them for sport shooting. Then Frontier is about your only choice. They make 55gr and 62gr

https://frontierbullets.co.za/?produ...oint-flat-base

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Does anybody know about any decent 223 bullets (NB not rounds but just the projectiles) available in bulk? Please advise.
    Try Bellum Arcus, Hornady 55gr and 62gr SP and Fmjs for R2. 50ea

Outdoor & all Sales has Hornady on promotion.

User

On Frontier bullets see Bullets and Brass. More consistent bullets in weight, length and diameter Bellum Arcus Hornady at a good price.

User

What is the fastest you can push a Frontier CMJ from a 1:8 twist barrel without jacket failure?

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    What is the fastest you can push a Frontier CMJ from a 1:8 twist barrel without jacket failure?

Keep below 2800 fps. (Ideal 2700 to 2800 fps) Talking about the 55gr.

User

If the int about the guys selling Riflex powder is true (and I have no reason to doubt Kobus on this) they should have huge quantities of 55gr 5.56 and 142gr 7.62 ball available at very good prices. Somebody who needs them should liaise with Kobus @ Impala and see what's available..

User

I battle to understand the pricing of the frontier 223 bullets. At 55gr they are a third the weight of the 147gr 9mm yet a box of 1000x 223 costs double the price of a box of 1000x9mm.
    So that is almost 6 times the price if you go by weight of lead (the bulk of the cost to manufacture).

I get economy's of scale but 223, like 9mm is extremely popular so I am sure they move a good quantity of 223 as well.

It honestly just feels more like frontier is taking the piss because they can.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    I battle to understand the pricing of the frontier 223 bullets. At 55gr they are a third the weight of the 147gr 9mm yet a box of 1000x 223 costs double the price of a box of 1000x9mm.
    So that is almost 6 times the price if you go by weight of lead (the bulk of the cost to manufacture).

I get economy's of scale but 223, like 9mm is extremely popular so I am sure they move a good quantity of 223 as well.

It honestly just feels more like frontier is taking the piss because they can.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Maybe it's cause the Frontier .223 bullets are pretty shitty and expensive compared with what is available in the USA, so they aren't moving much stock, and hence there is a massive disparity on the economy of scale.

Remember, they shifted their business model a few years ago towards the US Market and not the local.

Also, this is all speculation on my part, well other than the 223 bullets new and old both have inherent flaws that make other types more viable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast