User

Default 3M Peltor Optime II with Neck band

Hey guys.. I need some advice please. I have been diagnosed with hearing loss in the 3000 - 4000mhz region which is associated with a noise environment so yeah, I'm looking for some extra ear protection. When I do sport shooing I wear a wide rim bush hat for sun burn, making over the head ear protection a problem so upon searching I came across these... Does anyone here use then? They seem to work under a helmet or hat? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I have custom made ear plugs but just in case...

https://za.rs-online.com/web/p/ear-defenders/4496512

User

Default Re: 3M Peltor Optime II with Neck band

Sę weer, ek kan jou nie hoor nie.
    Haha sad to say I'm sitting with the same problem. I have 2 of sets of MSA Sordin Supreme's, a pair of electronic Howard Leigh's, electronic Beretta's, Peltor PET 100, Cense molded inner ear analogue electonic's and a set of Peltor electronic behind the neck model. At work I wear Peltor X5 combined with Noise Clipper custom molded plugs (the joy of working in a steel plant).

I donated my MSA Sordins to my family and they really enjoy them. The rest of them are in my cupboard and being used as loan models occasionally.

On the range I always wear the yellow 98db Peltor's which gives me the best balance between bulkiness and protection especially when shooting long guns. If I remember, during a rifle match, I double plug with cheap yellow plugs with the blue cords (I even wear that plugs when driving).

NB all my earmuffs have gel pads on which is worth every cent.

The X5's work extremely well but they are very bulky.

I normally use suntan lotion and wear this cap which is thin enough not to interfere with the muffs.

I feel that my behind the neck model doesn't work for me when shooting long guns.

https://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.za/p...UaAp5FEALw_wcB

I've seen guys use over head muffs with wide brimmed hats which were made for very big heads.

User

Thank you, appreciate the feedback!

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

User

Vaal, you almost wrote a book there!
    Useful info, thanks