Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Flying to Cape Town with handgun

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Guy View Post
    No airlines are transporting handguns at the moment.
    Lift carry handguns.

Yes, I can see they don't operate your route

User

Apologies, should of stated my routes only.

I contacted Lift and it’s R750 each way. Can anyone vouch for their reliability? If so I think I’ll go with them!
    A side point, are there specific requirements for the lockable box? Where can I get something that meets the spec

User

I would have thought that losing a firearm would be a serious breach of the firearms control act. If a courier loses the firearm then what happens? are they charged?

Quote Originally Posted by DDB View Post
    I contacted Lift and it’s R750 each way. Can anyone vouch for their reliability? If so I think I’ll go with them!
    A side point, are there specific requirements for the lockable box? Where can I get something that meets the spec
    Chat to a lady by the name of Shelley Lazer on Facebook via GOSA Page or email her legal@lift.co.za, she's the Legal Advisor and the person who's made it possible for you to be able to fly with your handgun. She should be able to answer your questions accurately and facilitate a booking for you.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lubelo View Post
    Chat to a lady by the name of Shelley Lazer on Facebook via GOSA Page or email her legal@lift.co.za, she's the Legal Advisor and the person who's made it possible for you to be able to fly with your handgun. She should be able to answer your questions accurately and facilitate a booking for you.

Thanks so much!
    I’ll post the feedback once she gets back to me so we all have some clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Does SAA actually fly at the moment?
    Yes, your tax Rands are currently being squandered on very empty flights on the few aircraft that were not reposed while they "look for a strategic partner" amongst the connected few

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mark357 View Post
    Yes, your tax Rands are currently being squandered on very empty flights on the few aircraft that were not reposed while they "look for a strategic partner" amongst the connected few
    Yip. The ANC government will never walk a straight line. No opportunity to steal is passed up. I'm prepared to bet that if an SAA deal ever goes through it will be heavily funded by us and will result in some people with FA aviation industry background getting very wealthy.

So the feedback I got was that yes a Glock box is suitable as long as it can be locked in a way which ensures it cannot be opened at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DDB View Post
    So the feedback I got was that yes a Glock box is suitable as long as it can be locked in a way which ensures it cannot be opened at all.
    Glad you were assisted DDB. If I recall correctly your FA is kept in the cockpit with the pilots and not with all the luggage, so relatively safe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast