Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Adele Kirsten on Radio 567 Today

Heard an interesting tongue in cheek comment this weekend; "If you want to stop GBV give women guns". Something to think about.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Were can I order the book?
    Events@gosa.co.za
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by DMeek View Post
    Heard an interesting tongue in cheek comment this weekend; "If you want to stop GBV give women guns". Something to think about.
    That's been exactly our approach via the GOSA Girls On Fire... more than 5000 ladies trained in the last 5 years.
    Last edited by Paul; 30-11-2021 at 14:52.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    That's been exactly our approach via the GOSA Girls On Fire... more than 5000 ladies trained in the last 5 years.
    Fantastic!

They (GFSA) going full on it seems
    EWN has got them online asking for "organise a community or a group of concerned individuals in your community"
    and "
    Kirsten says children, guardians and communities are welcome to send their comments around banning personal gun ownership to any of these groups"

https://ewn.co.za/2021/11/29/gun-free-sa-weighs-in-on-gun-control-issue-after-proposed-bill-delayed
    https://ewn.co.za/2021/11/28/gun-fre...on-gun-control

Multiple articles for them, not one for the other side of the argument

Thanks for the back-up, guys. Also for telling us about the content of EWN's website - I knew they were biased but not quite that biased. Anyhow, Zain Johnson has just said that he'll be interviewing Martin Hood this morning but I didn't catch exactly when. Past experience tells me that he would not have done so if we hadn't pushed it. Remember, 567 regularly boasts about its commitment to balance - that's one of the little weapons we can use, and this little episode again proves the value of action. Adele Kirsten is very persuasive to those who don't know better, that's how propaganda works, so a lot of 567 listeners would have believed her. Thanks to us Martin Hood should be able to counter her influence to a large extent, hopefully completely. Perhaps it's also worth mentioning past experience that when each and every item of GFSA has been countered, GFSA tends to go very quiet. Cause and effect.

User

The 'balance and fairness' angle was exactly what I pushed in my email to them. Thanks for letting us know Dick. I think it may be worth having a thread where we can notify the community of things like this so that we can push back.

Emailed Cape Talk.

Got the usual vanilla reply about being unable to reply to all emails.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Martin Hood interview will be at about 11h00. But this morning Zain Johnson and Barbara Friedman gave a lot of "another mass shooting - why can't the Americans change their gun laws" chat. Pretty much digging the ground out from under Martin.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Martin Hood interview will be at about 11h00. But this morning Zain Johnson and Barbara Friedman gave a lot of "another mass shooting - why can't the Americans change their gun laws" chat. Pretty much digging the ground out from under Martin.
    I know there are mixed opinions on Martin, but the man can see a trap a mile away and can handle tough interviews. I'm unfortunately in a meeting until 1pm, so wont be able to listen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast