Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 10/22 Or M&P 15-22

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a DSS and have submitted competency for SLR.

My arsenal wish list includes a M&P 15 Sport II so not sure if its the best idea of having 2 chambered in different calibers.

Think im going to bite the bullet on a 10/22.

I would love to eventually get into some lite matches.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GunOrNot View Post

My arsenal wish list includes a M&P 15 Sport II so not sure if its the best idea of having 2 chambered in different calibers.
    If that's the case the 15-22 makes a lot more sense- Commonality of platform with cheaper practice ammo, will help with motivation too

User

Quote Originally Posted by GunOrNot View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a DSS and have submitted competency for SLR.

Think im going to bite the bullet on a 10/22.

I would love to eventually get into some lite matches.
    A mate of mine has the S&W 15-22, AR15 and AR10. He has set them up all the same. The only way to tell the difference is by the magazines. Three rifles, same manufacturer, but in different calibers. Makes perfect sense

User

I have owned my M&P15-22 over 10 years now, one of the first batch that came in if I am not mistaken.
    I love the platform, comparatively cheap to shoot when compared to 223, all be it I can pretty much guarantee you I have shot more than the cost of the rifle out in ammunition.

One of the perks with the 15-22 is the ability to use AR furniture and parts, so mine has a Magpul Stock and a CMC 3lb single stage trigger.

The other plus side is the cross platform training it gives, with the manual of arms identical to that of a AR15 or AR10.

I wholly recommend the M&P15-22

User

I love my M&P15-22. Agree with all the comments above re: furniture/handling/training. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

I have a 15 22 and really love it. Only issue I have with it is getting hold of spare magazines (very hard to find and are in great demand)
    The 10 22 has been out for years , lots of aftermarket options available for it. Spares and magazines are no issue at all.
    Both are great you will just need to decide what you want to do with it and which will best. Hope this helps a little.
    personally I would love to get a 10 22 take down.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Controller View Post
    I have a 15 22 and really love it. Only issue I have with it is getting hold of spare magazines (very hard to find and are in great demand)
    The 10 22 has been out for years , lots of aftermarket options available for it. Spares and magazines are no issue at all.
    Both are great you will just need to decide what you want to do with it and which will best. Hope this helps a little.
    personally I would love to get a 10 22 take down.
    Tactical HQ have mags - bought two last week...

User

During a mini rifle match: who gets the most jams?

What I've seen was that most of the time, the #1 jamomatic was the .22 caliber conversions for a AR, #2 was the 10-22 and the most reliable was the 15-22. A mag change on a 15-22 is a lot easier /fastet than on a 10-22.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    During a mini rifle match: who gets the most jams?

What I've seen was that most of the time, the #1 jamomatic was the .22 caliber conversions for a AR, #2 was the 10-22 and the most reliable was the 15-22. A mag change on a 15-22 is a lot easier /fastet than on a 10-22.
    That has mostly been my experience as well. Add to that, other makes of semi auto .22 rifles.

You learn quickly at a match, what works and what doesn't work.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    That has mostly been my experience as well. Add to that, other makes of semi auto .22 rifles.

You learn quickly at a match, what works and what doesn't work.
    Jip, at a time at club shoots we started to give some guys 1 free second start on a stage after a major jam.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast