Thread: Bored!!!!

User

Default Bored!!!!

I've been extremely bored since my dad shot himself because I have not been hunting for 1 and a half months, which is getting to me. (still trying to figure out how he shot himself, when the other guy was so close). I've been looking at the feral pigeons wondering if I should shoot one or not but for now I have been shooting flies with my pellet gun and depending on the size of the fly I would pretend that a big fly is a Kudu or a Eland and small flies are Warthog or a Springbok, but you can only do so much pretending. But not to long and we will be back in the bush. The nurse comes every 2 to 3 days and I help, my job is to ''gently'' pull the plaster off of my dads leg and try to pull as few hairs out as possible. So staying at home every weekend like most people is extremely boring, its like lock down part 2.

User

Default Re: Bored!!!!

Keep your chin up Bonsai.
    The temporary boredom is something that will pass and a new spark will ignite for you again.
    Hunting will come around again.

I understand your frustration of not doing anything and that it is getting to you.

Your dad is a lucky man (and you and your mom)
    that he walked away with the lesser injury he currently has, many others haven't been so lucky and a bullet wound has taken their lives.

With regards to your trying to figure out what happened, don't dwell on it and clutter your mind.
    What happened, happened and it unfortunately is what it is.
    The main thing is that he is still there for you.

In the moment of first contact in any situation, things happen very quickly.
    Reactions and movements don't always go to plan or get flawlessly performed as one wants to do.

For now, shoot the head off a match
    OR
    for fun rip out those leg hairs with the plaster and hear him squeel like a little piggy... 😂

User

We use a propane torch to burn off the pin feathers from a plucked chicken. It will probably work on leg hairs. Only one way to find out, and it will also not be boring for either you or your dad!

Banned

Ya my little Man, you have done a lot for me these last weeks, I have thought a lot about how much worse it would have been with out you and all you have done for me.

Normal - we are normal, its our normal! My boy thats what I keep telling you, do not let spoons of sugar, hours on the phone and I will do it later become your normal.
    Your now will be your normal later.

Codes when you wake up at your normal 09:00 go sweep the chicken shite up at the back door where they normally sleep. As per normal you did not do it yesterday because you said you would do it later, like you normally do, later.
    As per normal later is still later.
    There are only 2 beers in the fridge, I am reminding you as per normal minimum of 3 beers in fridge, its Sunday and I will normally have 3 beers on a Sunday.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Time to set up a bushpig blind where your oldman can sit it out
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.