Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Glock 19 gen 5 barrel Lug question

Have a Glock Gunsmith check it out is my best advise.

User

Quote Originally Posted by LW_0508 View Post
    Hi the only change i made was putting the glock brand extended slide stop/release. Other than that nothing else was changed
    Are you releasing the slide back into loaded position on every mag change, It could have been caused from that if the guide rod was not in place fully seated. Either way you might want to get it looked at as if never seen a chip like it before.

Looks like the metal is brittle. No way it should chip. You do not want metal to be glass hard.

User

That is where the barrel sits and impacts against the disassembly latch.
    While the marks don't seem to be right, they will likely not affect operation of the pistol yet.
    Do you sometimes let the slide slam forward on an empty chamber? That is where most of the impact gets absorbed.

Im so confused at this point as to what i should do. I took it to my local gunshop and they advised it looks like its just the finish that came off. I put another 100 rounds through and gun functioned fine. I did feel the area after and it feels relatively smooth however i can feel the difference in texture between that section of the barrel and the rest. Its feels metallic [i know thats obvious but you get what i mean]. I did let the slide ride home on empty chamber sometimes when dry firing. But i bought snap caps for dry firing. The gun shop said glocks dont break, but ive done abit of googling and there is a small percentage of glocks that chip in that area. Obviously in america though they just replace the barrel in a day.

User

Sent you a private message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Im so confused at this point as to what i should do. I took it to my local gunshop and they advised it looks like its just the finish that came off. I put another 100 rounds through and gun functioned fine. I did feel the area after and it feels relatively smooth however i can feel the difference in texture between that section of the barrel and the rest. Its feels metallic [i know thats obvious but you get what i mean]. I did let the slide ride home on empty chamber sometimes when dry firing. But i bought snap caps for dry firing. The gun shop said glocks dont break, but ive done abit of googling and there is a small percentage of glocks that chip in that area. Obviously in america though they just replace the barrel in a day.
    Just contact Bernard Agencies directly. They are the main importer of Glock pistols in South Africa and their aftermarket service is excellent.

https://www.bernhardagencies.co.za/

User

Hi LW did you manage to contact someone at Bernard, will be interested to see what the outcome of this is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2