Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Glock 19 gen 5 barrel Lug question

Hi Everyone

Not sure if its something to worry about but I took down my glock 19 gen 5 to clean and noticed a chip like area on the barrel lug. It looks like the finish chipped off? But im concerned some of the metal has chipped?

My question is has anyone experienced this and is this something to worry about. The firearm has never given me issues and has functioned flawlessly thus far. I 20211212_140400.jpg20211212_140400.jpgchecked th

20211212_140535.jpg20211212_140438.jpge locking block where i think it makes contact with and it feels smooth.

Just want to make sure as this is my edc. Please see pics attached

Thanks

User

Default Re: Glock 19 gen 5 barrel Lug question

I just checked my Gen5 Glock and it looks about the same (this one has about 5500 rounds through it)

Im not going to stress about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I don't like what I see, but it should not cause any reliability issues and it will not let the pistol fall to pieces during operation.

I am guessing the slide lock is "jumping" under recoil or something to that effect and then hits that part. If you strip the pistol and then put only the barrel in the frame in its place you might see what is hitting it like that, but it can only be the slide lock.

I am just thinking this through, help me out here, but I bet your type of grip you have has your weak hand thumb to rest on the slide lock weak hand side and then during recoil your thumb is pressing it scew or something like that.

I think you may be right. Ill check the slide lock. But i do grip the firearm pretty high with my support hand. I will monitor when i go shooting again. I had a few slide locking back moments in the past but i adjusted my grip to prevent that. I was running a speed draw drill last time at the range so i wasnt taking note of anything but everything felt normal. I just want to make sure it wont affect the reliability. I still need it to protect me for years to come and im not sure if getting a new barrel should be on the cards?

Banned

Contact a reputable and knowledgeable technician / armourer.

That does not look right. The best people to contact would be Bernhard Agencies.

User

Hi there have you always had a standard guide rod and have never changed it?

Hi the only change i made was putting the glock brand extended slide stop/release. Other than that nothing else was changed

That doesn't look correct, I stripped my Gen 4 just to check as a comparison and mine has very minimal wear on the coating. Unless the Gen5 has a different coating to Gen 4

Difficult to check from a pic but it looks like the barrel lug has metal wear on it (not the coating)

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

So i checked again and i believe i see what is wearing down that section of the barrel. It appears to be the slide lock as the slide lock is also showing metal wear on its back surface. It also feels pretty sharp on the back section . Should i try replacing this or just shoot the gun and monitor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast