Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Best clips for holsters

Hi all,

Apologies if this is not in the right section, post can be moved by moderators if need be.

I am looking for advise on the clips I should order with my holsters.

I am looking into ordering a AIWB and a normal IWB for strong side, but on FB forums a lot of people are complaining about the J-Clips on the holsters failing as well as the FOMI clip. There is also a hand full complaining about the Soft-loops failing after some time. I am looking at the ulti-clips but not sure if they will work and how well they work. My understanding of the ulti-clips (I may be wrong) is that they clip onto your pants and not over the belt like most other clips do. I see that there is a Ulti-Clip XL which goes over the belt.

I am currently indecisive about which belt clip I want with my holsters. I will be wearing Semi-Formal and with Kore-Essential leather belts.

Thank you in advance.

User

Default Re: Best clips for holsters

I have been using J clips for just over 2 years now , and they seem to hold up well. I tested some C clips, they seem stronger than the J clips, but while the sat securely on my AA belt, for some reason I dont understand I could never adjust the holster position to be as comfortable as with the J clips, so I went back to the J's.

User

I prefer webbing soft loops to j clips. I make them out of two layers of webbing stitched together on the edges and the pair on my current IWB daily carry holster are >10 years old.

IMHO nothing comes close the DCC (Discreet carry concepts) clips. Very strong, keeps the holster very stable, very low profile, and it doesn't seem to matter how far you bend them, they spring back.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    I have been using J clips for just over 2 years now , and they seem to hold up well. I tested some C clips, they seem stronger than the J clips, but while the sat securely on my AA belt, for some reason I dont understand I could never adjust the holster position to be as comfortable as with the J clips, so I went back to the J's.
    Please do not suggest J clips again to anybody.

The ease of the adjustment is probably its weakness.

What we have experienced on many occasions are that when you do an aggressive draw, you end up with the gun still in its holster. J clips being the culprit every time.

C clips, soft loops work well. With the focus on it being able to have the clip ls and holster stay on the belt when drawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

On my edc belt, J-clips came lose when drawing fast or rolling around and drawing from the ground. C-clips don't. Under perfect circumstances J-clips work well but it's just that one day when the crap hits the fan and your wrestling with an attacker that your holster comes out with you gun. They are difficult to adjust but work better.

I learned this the hard way at Arno Barlow's Kembativ course.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

User

DCC Clips work well

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Please do not suggest J clips again to anybody.

The ease of the adjustment is probably its weakness.

What we have experienced on many occasions are that when you do an aggressive draw, you end up with the gun still in its holster. J clips being the culprit every time.

C clips, soft loops work well. With the focus on it being able to have the clip ls and holster stay on the belt when drawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bow to superior knowledge, the intention was not to advise J clips.

Why is it that most holsters seem to be advertised and sold with J clips when this is the case? has it not filtered through to the suppliers / manufacturers yet?

User

I think most people who buy and wear holsters never do any training exercises that highlight the potential short comings in their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    I bow to superior knowledge, the intention was not to advise J clips.

Why is it that most holsters seem to be advertised and sold with J clips when this is the case? has it not filtered through to the suppliers / manufacturers yet?
    Because they are cheap and easily available, and people just don't know better or care. A set of DCC clips will add a few hundred bucks to a holster's price and might just price the manufacturer out the market.

A few draws with with the holster still attached, and a broken clip every few weeks will soon show the way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast