Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Best clips for holsters

IF YOU HAVE A STURDY BELT, C-clips are excellent.

I see the DCC clips are metal. that would put me off because it would probably start eating my clothes.

User

Hey check these out. Could maybe just stud them on?
    https://www.amazon.com/Tandy-Leather.../dp/B0035QW56S

User

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    I bow to superior knowledge, the intention was not to advise J clips.

Why is it that most holsters seem to be advertised and sold with J clips when this is the case? has it not filtered through to the suppliers / manufacturers yet?
    No bowing needed. We are all here to learn and share knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    No bowing needed. We are all here to learn and share knowledge.

Figuratively speaking of course, not much bowing done with AIWB, it tends to teach you to use your knees .

Banned

Pull the dot soft loops are nice. They are holster dependant though. My current AIWB rig they don't work on. They bring the holster too high and the struts interfere with the grip as well.

I believe DCC are great. Just pricey. Last I recall R300 per clip.

User

Default Best clips for holsters

Here’s an interesting and informative video on some of the main types of clips (incl. the FOMI, DCC Monobloc, Ulti Clip, Pull the Dot loops, DCC HLR clips and others).

Well worthwhile watching to better understand some of the pro’s and con’s of the different options.

Link:

Ps. I have been using J clips for EDC purposes for the last 7-8 years (both at the 3:30 position IWB and at the 12:30 position AIWB) and have found them (well, good quality ones) to work just fine. That said, I am currently trying out and testing some DCC HLR clips at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    IMHO nothing comes close the DCC (Discreet carry concepts) clips. Very strong, keeps the holster very stable, very low profile, and it doesn't seem to matter how far you bend them, they spring back.
    Do you know where to buy this product in South Africa, I saw that Hailstorm once used to sell them but no longer available on their website?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    IF YOU HAVE A STURDY BELT, C-clips are excellent.

I see the DCC clips are metal. that would put me off because it would probably start eating my clothes.
    I thought about C-Clips, but had the fear in the back of my head that it might slip out. Maybe it just depends as well on the quality of the clip itself and how much over hang it has to prevent the belt from slipping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Please do not suggest J clips again to anybody.

The ease of the adjustment is probably its weakness.

What we have experienced on many occasions are that when you do an aggressive draw, you end up with the gun still in its holster. J clips being the culprit every time.

C clips, soft loops work well. With the focus on it being able to have the clip ls and holster stay on the belt when drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    On my edc belt, J-clips came lose when drawing fast or rolling around and drawing from the ground. C-clips don't. Under perfect circumstances J-clips work well but it's just that one day when the crap hits the fan and your wrestling with an attacker that your holster comes out with you gun. They are difficult to adjust but work better.

I learned this the hard way at Arno Barlow's Kembativ course.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    That is what I am scared for, I want to do more courses but with the holster I am buying. It would probably not help if you have to draw in a situation that you might through the other person with your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Here’s an interesting and informative video on some of the main types of clips (incl. the FOMI, DCC Monobloc, Ulti Clip, Pull the Dot loops, DCC HLR clips and others).

Well worthwhile watching to better understand some of the pro’s and con’s of the different options.

Link:

Ps. I have been using J clips for EDC purposes for the last 7-8 years (both at the 3:30 position IWB and at the 12:30 position AIWB) and have found them (well, good quality ones) to work just fine. That said, I am currently trying out and testing some DCC HLR clips at the moment).

Thank you for this video, will have a look at this during the day when not busy in the office today.
    Last edited by Dawie_102; 14-12-2021 at 08:45. Reason: removed previous multi quote

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast