Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Best clips for holsters

Thank you all for the informative information on the clips. I appreciate everyone's input

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dawie_102 View Post
    I thought about C-Clips, but had the fear in the back of my head that it might slip out. Maybe it just depends as well on the quality of the clip itself and how much over hang it has to prevent the belt from slipping out.
    this is why we carry using proper gunbelts. you don't need to spend zillions of randelas on the most tactical belt, but make sure that the belt has the proper stiffening built in. I have had VERY good (like, REALLY VERY GOOD) service from my Jizni belts, that was made by Ross Gunleather. they're affordable enough that you can buy more than one, they look like normal dress belts and they carry the holsters really well (I have only ever used C-clips). I have in almost 10 years never had a C-clip "slip out" if its been seated properly. making sure that it is seated properly becomes part of your dressing routine, just like making sure your zip is pulled up.

Banned

C clips are nice and secure. I personally don't like them as it pulls the belt etc away from your pants and creates a cavity. This is obviously dependant on where you position the holster and your body shape.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    this is why we carry using proper gunbelts. you don't need to spend zillions of randelas on the most tactical belt, but make sure that the belt has the proper stiffening built in. I have had VERY good (like, REALLY VERY GOOD) service from my Jizni belts, that was made by Ross Gunleather. they're affordable enough that you can buy more than one, they look like normal dress belts and they carry the holsters really well (I have only ever used C-clips). I have in almost 10 years never had a C-clip "slip out" if its been seated properly. making sure that it is seated properly becomes part of your dressing routine, just like making sure your zip is pulled up.
    On the Ross leather gun belts: years ago I got tired of buying cheap crappy fleamarket belts for my son's school pants. I bought him a nearly too big Ross belt (at double the fleamarket price) from Jizni and after 4 years the belt is still going strong, the same as mine after more than 10 years daily use. I use my Ross belt and Quantum Covert with the clip that hook over the belt.

Can somebody please explain: the J clip is that the one that goes over the belt and then hook under? What do you call the clip which hooks over your pants and then from inside hook under your belt? My feeling is that the C clip is very bulky.

User

@Vaal, those are C-clips, if I follow your description. I don't understand why guys think they're bulky? its probably 3mm or less thick, between your trousers and the belt. They are really unobtrusive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    @Vaal, those are C-clips, if I follow your description. I don't understand why guys think they're bulky? its probably 3mm or less thick, between your trousers and the belt. They are really unobtrusive.
    I've got a set of C clips and they are 2 parts riveted together which makes them double the thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawie_102 View Post
    Do you know where to buy this product in South Africa, I saw that Hailstorm once used to sell them but no longer available on their website?
    Try RocksteadyGear you can search for them on Facebook, I don't know if they have any other web presence. They used to import a few batches here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by jager View Post
    Try RocksteadyGear you can search for them on Facebook, I don't know if they have any other web presence. They used to import a few batches here and there.
    Thanks will have a look.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3