Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default ID this pocket pistol

Long story short, I got a plant box with various succulents in from an elderly couple and when removing the plants to replant found this pistol in the potting soil. It’s completely seized and I just left it in some rust remover and did some light sanding to get the majority of the rust off. Was curious if someone here could identify this pocket pistol?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Default Re: ID this pocket pistol

Looks like a baby browning

User

Fascinating story… is it loaded?

Banned

Haenel - Scheisser 6.35, likely Mod 1 funny little thing not many made and some were valuable. I think there were ModModel 1 and 11. I have or had one of them.

I Googled the below about it, never really looked it up before.

.25 ACP Haenel Schmeisser is a 6.35mm caliber, semi-automatic pocket pistol designed by Hugo Schmeisser, and manufactured by the gun manufacturer C. G. Haenel

A 6.35mm caliber semi-automatic pistol, with 2.48" barrel, striker-fired, 6-shot magazine. Weight about 13.5 oz. Left side of slide stamped "C.G. Haenel Suhl-Schmeisser Patent". Each grip panel marked "HS" in an oval.

Also recall something about - either "the unblinking eye" or just "unblinking eye"
    Can not recall why but it comes to mind.

User

I would say a copy of a Baby Browning. Although overall appearance is of a Baby Browning, that doesn't look like an FN logo on the grips.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Haenel - Scheisser 6.35, likely Mod 1 funny little thing not many made and some were valuable. I think there were ModModel 1 and 11. I have or had one of them.

.25 ACP Haenel Schmeisser is a 6.35mm caliber, semi-automatic pocket pistol designed by Hugo Schmeisser, and manufactured by the gun manufacturer C. G. Haenel

A 6.35mm caliber semi-automatic pistol, with 2.48" barrel, striker-fired, 6-shot magazine. Weight about 13.5 oz. Left side of slide stamped "C.G. Haenel Suhl-Schmeisser Patent". Each grip panel marked "HS" in an oval.

Also recall something about - either "the unblinking eye" or just "unblinking eye"
    OK, you managed to post that while I was still thinking about it ! ;-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    OK, you managed to post that while I was still thinking about it ! ;-)
    knew but did not know Google search started at Hendrik Snause, progressed to Hael Scheizer
    Found it by using H S 6.35 pistol

. All I really had was that I knew it was a 6.35 and I could make sounds like the name also something about sausage my mind works funny

AGuided Search Filters

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

That was super quick! Thanks for the valuable info!! Honestly didn’t expect answers so quickly! Here’s an image of the opposite side as well as a close up of what I think is the serial number.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Fascinating story… is it loaded?
    From what I can tell no, I can see inside the mag and it’s empty, trying to see into the chamber or down the barrel is a bit tougher so I’m being careful about it all the way.

User

Thanks again all of you!! Will talk to the couple I got the plant box from and see if there might be anything they can think of regarding this little pistol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast