Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    633

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    FOSA is most definitively owned by Outdoor Investments. Walk into their corporate offices in Lynwood Bridge and they're right there.
    I was wondering how I got an email from FOSA, advising on their offerings. I signed up for S&O newsletter or something.

    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

  2. #22

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    FOSA is most definitively owned by Outdoor Investments. Walk into their corporate offices in Lynwood Bridge and they're right there.
    I also got an email from fosa yesterday, I was wondering how they got my details as I've never interacted with them before. Surely this is some popia violation, sharing customer details even if the companies are owned by the same group?

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    User 414gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    26 9' 6" S, 28 13' 44" E
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Now I can finally go back to IDPA. I sold all my revolvers though. I'll have to get fresh ones.

  4. #24
    User Marius@Jizni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by GoFast View Post
    A new shooting body is in process. Called mpds...
    From what I have seen, it is registered as an NPO. So it has a permanent board of six, half of which were SADPA exco.

    Same guys, new structure, no more elections or dealing with members at AGM's or SGM's.

  5. #25
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Jhb
    Posts
    3,703

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    As things regress, I can’t help but wonder what happened to sense and reason? Where are all the capable people that kept this place together? Have they all left?
    I joined SADPA in 2007, shot pretty actively until around 2019 when the politics got too much for me.
    There was a power play, where certain people took control of the reigns and did nothing, no promotion, no development and started alienating certain ranges and clubs cause they would not tow their line.
    The final straw for me personally was the SGM that was held in 2019. It came out that additional fees were to be paid to IDPA USA, and they would dictate Courses of Fire, SO Qualification and the whole lot. IDPA USA also removed the multi gun aspect from their rules which immediately made getting long guns endorsed impossible. An immediate split from IDPA USA was also not possible as SADPA's registration with SAPS was that of a local representative of an International Shooting Body. MPD was introduced, but would take time to develop.
    In passing, while at the SGM it was mentioned that some of the members fee was invested in crypto and the return used to pay Marge.
    A certain Kzn shooter was highly upset and made it clear.

    I am sad to see the end of IDPA in SA, the original concept was great fun, it was later watered down to USPSA type shoots but still, the shooters were fun to be around. Way back when, you had a choice, IDPA or IPSC, but now there are plenty sports to choose from and unless you keep members hooked, they will wonder off elsewhere

  6. #26

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    From what I have seen, it is registered as an NPO. So it has a permanent board of six, half of which were SADPA exco.

    Same guys, new structure, no more elections or dealing with members at AGM's or SGM's.

    This make sense now, the whole FOSA, Multi Platform Dimension Shooting and Safari Outdoor. Starting to seems like a hostile take over? ;)
    I only started shooting IDPA in 2019 so was oblivious the politics internally to SADPA. At best of times I struggle to get email out of them.

  7. #27
    User Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH
    Posts
    15,607

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiselhuis View Post
    This make sense now, the whole FOSA, Multi Platform Dimension Shooting and Safari Outdoor. Starting to seems like a hostile take over? ;)
    I only started shooting IDPA in 2019 so was oblivious the politics internally to SADPA. At best of times I struggle to get email out of them.
    Although I don't know for sure... it sounds more to me like MPD-what-what won't or doesn't want to go through the SAPS Accredited Association tango, and just latched onto FOSA to provide dedicated accreditation.

    Tac SHAC Shooting Club did the same with NARFO in 2019.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

  8. #28

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Although I don't know for sure... it sounds more to me like MPD-what-what won't or doesn't want to go through the SAPS Accredited Association tango, and just latched onto FOSA to provide dedicated accreditation.

    Tac SHAC Shooting Club did the same with NARFO in 2019.

    Oh that's clever, I didn't know about that loop hole. Thanks for info.

  9. #29
    User Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH
    Posts
    15,607

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiselhuis View Post
    Oh that's clever, I didn't know about that loop hole. Thanks for info.
    Sports Adventure Shooting (although linked to Natshoot) has been struggling for the better part of a decade to get SAPS Accreditation.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

  10. #30

    Default Re: IDPA cancels affiliation with SADPA

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Sports Adventure Shooting (although linked to Natshoot) has been struggling for the better part of a decade to get SAPS Accreditation.

    I was going to mention Natshoot too, it's their model. Where you need to participate for X number of approved activities and provide some proof and they then issue you points and DSS at the end of it all.

    So then FOSA is SAPS accredited and their approved activity will be Multi Platform Dimension Shooting and then issue DSS.

    Although I haven't seen anywhere that FOSA mention they are SAPS accredited? Did I miss it?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •