Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: First SA casualty in Mozambique

From the OP description it seems that the rebels persued the SANDF team and then surprised them at the LZ , if it’s correct. This can happen if a team is tired but also short of bushcraft or combat time. Sometimes, also your luck is gone. Many experienced operators have just run out of luck. Statistically, no matter how well trained you are, wrong place and time will catch you out.

Deep sympathy to the team. And to recognize that they are doing meaningful work. Lots of intelligence around is that ISIS there is really a sideshow for drug running and general gangsterism, which the Mozambican government isn’t able to manage from Maputo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I don't expect any are air worthy. I'm surprised they had a chopper to evacuate the team.

Sad news to lose a sandf member.
    One is seconded to the UN and flying somewhere in Africa and at least one is airworthy and doing training flights in Bloemfontein from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    One is seconded to the UN and flying somewhere in Africa and at least one is airworthy and doing training flights in Bloemfontein from time to time.

One is also used in a VW add with by Major Mandisa Mfeka. "Comet"
    Actually its stationery.

RIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2