User

Default Beretta CX4 - Tests at 100m

I took my Beretta CX4 for some 100m tests yesterday at SWAT shooting range in Pretoria.
    I did not do any ammo tests and simply used my 128grain cast lead bullets, charged with 4.0 grains of MP200 for a general velocity of 1150 ft/sec. This is the load and bullets I use in my CZ75 and chronies out to 1000 ft/sec in my CZ75. Perfect for a factor of 128 and very soft shooting.

For those who do not know the Beretta CX4:
    Chambered for 9mmP, Blowback, semi-automatic and uses plain Beretta 92 mags.
    I obtained my 30 round mags from Jizni and am very happy with it. Have fired about 1000 rounds through it with zero stoppages. I have fitted a Holosun HS510C because my eyes are going really downhill and the reflex sight works great for me. The standard peep sight is a little small for my liking, but works well in bright light.

As I said, I have not done any tuning on my ammo. I initially zero'ed the sight at about 20m, and have not made any corrections of the sight picture out to 100m.
    The top five rounds on the target are all from the CX4. As can be seen, four of the five rounds are in the ZERO zone on a standard IDPA target. The lower five holes are from my Type 56 using standard iron sights. My eyes cannot clearly define the iron sights on the T56 and this shows on the target.

Target was shot at 100m using only a front rest.

Below is a video of me shooting a swinger at the same 100m mark, standing. You will notice my paper target in also on the firing line. The swinger is 250mm x 250mm.

https://www.flintandmusket.co.za/pho...c/cx4_100m.mp4
    https://www.flintandmusket.co.za/pho.../mic/CX4_1.mp4

Overall, I really like the CX4. I hope to get a silencer for it soon.

Default Re: Beretta CX4 - Tests at 100m

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    I took my Beretta CX4 for some 100m tests yesterday at SWAT shooting range in Pretoria.
    I did not do any ammo tests and simply used my 128grain cast lead bullets, charged with 4.0 grains of MP200 for a general velocity of 1150 ft/sec. This is the load and bullets I use in my CZ75 and chronies out to 1000 ft/sec in my CZ75. Perfect for a factor of 128 and very soft shooting.

For those who do not know the Beretta CX4:
    Chambered for 9mmP, Blowback, semi-automatic and uses plain Beretta 92 mags.
    I obtained my 30 round mags from Jizni and am very happy with it. Have fired about 1000 rounds through it with zero stoppages. I have fitted a Holosun HS510C because my eyes are going really downhill and the reflex sight works great for me. The standard peep sight is a little small for my liking, but works well in bright light.

As I said, I have not done any tuning on my ammo. I initially zero'ed the sight at about 20m, and have not made any corrections of the sight picture out to 100m.
    The top five rounds on the target are all from the CX4. As can be seen, four of the five rounds are in the ZERO zone on a standard IDPA target. The lower five holes are from my Type 56 using standard iron sights. My eyes cannot clearly define the iron sights on the T56 and this shows on the target.

Target was shot at 100m using only a front rest.

Below is a video of me shooting a swinger at the same 100m mark, standing. You will notice my paper target in also on the firing line. The swinger is 250mm x 250mm.

https://www.flintandmusket.co.za/pho...c/cx4_100m.mp4
    https://www.flintandmusket.co.za/pho.../mic/CX4_1.mp4

Overall, I really like the CX4. I hope to get a silencer for it soon.
    Great little PCC that! I also got one.. License should be approved in Jan (fingers crossed).

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

That is damn good accuracy! My Ruger PC Carbine prints tighter, BUT I have an AR Optics (1-4 x) scope on it and would attribute a better grouping to the better sight picture over longer distances. You should be impressed with that shooting!

Do you powder coat your cast?

Im awaiting my PCC license. In Prep at moment. But holidays at CFR as well.

Im going to be using Lyman 147gr powder coated.

Ive read guys who powder coat take out the Wax groove on their molds. This then gives more bearing surface. Which apparently improves accuracy.

Off course will increase bullet weight with some Grains.

User

I tried the coating thing. Lost accuracy with my coated bullets.

Currently using an old-school luberesizer. Sized to .357"

User

Miss my CX4, only got to put about 50rds through it before the confiscation. They are neat pieces - how are they licensed in South Africa (i.e. what section licence can they fall under)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post
    Miss my CX4, only got to put about 50rds through it before the confiscation. They are neat pieces - how are they licensed in South Africa (i.e. what section licence can they fall under)?
    Section 16 (dedicated sport shooting/hunting) as it's a semi-auto rifle.

Let me guess, you live in Canada?

Edit: Just saw your bio. Sorry about the confiscation. That sucks so much.

User

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    Section 16 (dedicated sport shooting/hunting) as it's a semi-auto rifle.

Let me guess, you live in Canada?

Edit: Just saw your bio. Sorry about the confiscation. That sucks so much.

Yeah it does.

Previously they were unrestricted here - i.e. could buy / sell with a standard licence but were limited to a magazine capacity of 7 rounds. Now it's a prohibited firearm (like all other centrefire semi-automatic rifles) so in order to own one now, you'd need a P endorsement and would need to store a vital component at a separate address. Needless to say that one is not allowed to fire them.

User

Sorry, don't have targets to show now.

I have fitted a Hawke Spoton 4 dot (4MOA) on mine. Typical 15 shot groups are normally 100 to 150mm at 100m. That is with 47 to 158gr. POI differers about 150mm between 158gr (1000fps) and 124gr (1350fps). From the 124 to the 47's (2760fps) are about 850mm

I guess with a scope I wil do better.

Also planning on recrowning. Most CX4 crowns I have seen looks pretty rough.

The Spoton4, mounted as close to the rear aperture, co-witness.

Sent from my BV9900E using Tapatalk

User

Looks like my group is 100mm extreme spread with five rounds. If we eliminate the flier, four are within 55mm.