Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Thoughts: Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 x 50 FFP IR Scope

Hi all,

I’m in the market for a scope for my 6.5 Howa Bravo. The idea would be to join a Club, start with long range shoots and get involved in PRC events (with the occasional hunt when time allows).

I’m not ready to go large on a Viper PST Gen II, so I’ve been doing some research on more “entry level” scopes that give more bang for your buck to get me into the game. As the title suggests, I came across some great reviews on the Athlon Argos 6-24x50. From my research, the glass is top quality and the build is good.

I wanted to check in with the forum and see if anyone has any experience with the Athlon range, customer care and any suggestions around the Argos?

Cheers,

Marshy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Thoughts: Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 x 50 FFP IR Scope

I know Valjean Jackman that brings them in fairly well, most of my dealings with him has been good, and the reviews of the scopes suggest it's a good purchase.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    I know Valjean Jackman that brings them in fairly well, most of my dealings with him has been good, and the reviews of the scopes suggest it's a good purchase.
    Thanks @pblaauw, I’ve chatted to Valjean and got a quote from him (really happy with the price!), but just want to do a thorough assessment before taking the plunge.

Banned

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Thanks @driepootx, I love Cyclops’ reviews. No BS and a straight shooter (excuse the pun), when it comes to scopes on a budget.

User

Good Day

I have dealt with Faljean, his advise is sound, delivery and price excellent.

I have an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24×50 for which I use on a high end airgun. It is a Chinese scope, very good glass and coatings, turrets are very crisp and reticle is very sharp (etched), parallax is accurate to range finder (within 10% @100m).

When I compare it to my only high end JLOW (Japan Light Optic Works) scope the Delta Stryker, the eye box is a little more open to movement at 24× and 30×, the glass has no chromatic aberration at 600m +. There is also more light due to the 34mm tube. Rather small differences.

Bear in mind, the Stryker costs double the Midas-Tac, if small differences that I mention above are not important, then the Athlon Argos will serve you well.

Regards

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dvyant View Post
    Good Day

I have dealt with Faljean, his advise is sound, delivery and price excellent.

I have an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24×50 for which I use on a high end airgun. It is a Chinese scope, very good glass and coatings, turrets are very crisp and reticle is very sharp (etched), parallax is accurate to range finder (within 10% @100m).

When I compare it to my only high end JLOW (Japan Light Optic Works) scope the Delta Stryker, the eye box is a little more open to movement at 24× and 30×, the glass has no chromatic aberration at 600m +. There is also more light due to the 34mm tube. Rather small differences.

Bear in mind, the Stryker costs double the Midas-Tac, if small differences that I mention above are not important, then the Athlon Argos will serve you well.

Regards
    Many thanks, @Dvyant! Agreed, Faljean has been exceptionally helpful thus far. I’m now in the process of trying to physically examine the scopes in Johannesburg and get a feel for the quality of turrets, etc. That will be my last point before purchase.

Banned

Never seen one in real life. But all reviews on YouTube ive preciously seen been very good.

You are going to get what you pay for when it comes to scopes.

There is no such thing as a good scope at a cheap price, there is only what you consider good enough for the amount you are prepared to pay.

I don't have this brand, but when I was doing this exercise a few years ago, I chose to buy once and pay once rather than buy twice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast