Default Greetings from the Western Cape

Hi Everyone.

New member and gun owner from Brackenfell. Acquired a G19 Gen 3 when lockdown started and managed to complete the competency process for all 4 categories and received my S13 card just before Christmas.

Very nice site, with useful information!

I grew up around firearms as both my parents were SAPS members (now retired) and responsible firearms owners that taught us the rules around firearm safety from a young age, but I was never interested in owning a firearm myself. Did some hunting field target shooting (air rifle) for a couple of years, but had to stop due to time constraints for other hobbies :-).

As a new firearm owner are there any other courses I can attend that takes training beyond the basics of what is covered during competency training?

I'm thinking more along the lines of

• Situational awareness and evading danger without using your firearm type training.
    • Finally, when as a last resort have to use your firearm, how to do so properly.

Hitting a paper target at 10m is meh, big deal.

Cheers!

User

Default Re: Greetings from the Western Cape

Welcome.

Where in the Western Cape are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

welcome

Have a look at the courses that Multi Dimensional Warriors present. (Search for them on facebook)

Thanks! Will check it out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mtaute View Post
    welcome

Have a look at the courses that Multi Dimensional Warriors present. (Search for them on facebook)
    This. get yourself on one of their Rusty Gunman courses asap. that's very valuable on its own, and the gateway to their more advanced courses.

These normally happen at False Bay Psort Shooting Club.