Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: One holster for G19 and G17

In his defense, the reviewer was involved in the design tweaks to this holster and has been carrying in a sidecar style holster for some time. He is fussy, by his own admission.
    This is not a rigid sidecar like the old T-Rex arms Sidecar. I'm not sold on the sidecar style of holster but Southwest holsters seems legit and working towards raising the standard of holster manufacture here in SA which is needed.

User

A bit off topic, ignore if you wish: Has anyone here converted from 3/4oclock to appendix, and then back to 4-o'clock. If so, what was the reason?

User

Quote Originally Posted by FuDog View Post
    In his defense, the reviewer was involved in the design tweaks to this holster and has been carrying in a sidecar style holster for some time. He is fussy, by his own admission.
    This is not a rigid sidecar like the old T-Rex arms Sidecar. I'm not sold on the sidecar style of holster but Southwest holsters seems legit and working towards raising the standard of holster manufacture here in SA which is needed.
    I agree. I have the EDGE custom carry sidecar in WML, as well as the PHLSTER Pro with a separate Daniels mag-pouch. I MUCH prefer the latter, for the simple reason of it being much more comfortable when taking a leak.

Damn near pissed my pants on a few occasions because of the logistics involved in removing the sidecar

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurdoop View Post
    A bit off topic, ignore if you wish: Has anyone here converted from 3/4oclock to appendix, and then back to 4-o'clock. If so, what was the reason?
    I have, for what I do, appendix created more problems than payoffs for me.
    3 O-clock just stays all the time, doesn't get in the way and makes taking a leak a lot easier.

Meant to post this a while back...Got my loop things from El Paso...Took a day or two and cost me R100 odd...Works perfectly..way better than the original nylon clips...
    I think those piddly clips are designed for skinny width belts and not leather belt widths......
    Big thanks to El Paso for taking the time to do what I needed for a very small amount of Rands...
    Nice and friendly staff...
    (Hopefully thats the end of spending money on holsters for sometime now...although I want something for driving at night!)

holster2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

(Hopefully thats the end of spending money on holsters for sometime now...although I want something for driving at night!)

[/QUOTE]

A holster for driving at night? Can you please expand on it a bit? Do you mean a holster that can take a WML?

I do some part time work on a weekend about 25km from me and get to drive a couple of quiet and pretty lonely roads on the way home at 2 or 3am...If I see another car on the way home, its pretty busy sort of thing.....There are a couple of sketchy areas where you need to slow down etc for junctions...Sqautter camps en route as well.....Ought to stop but thats not going to happen at that time of morning....
    Before anyone gets on their high horse...You can see far enough around to safely slow down then go...Anyway...

I am thinking of getting something so I can mount the gun across my chest or something just for the drive home...Or prehaps convert this useless belly band thing into something else...
    I think there is little chance of pulling the gun at a 3/4pm mounting on my hip (right side) when I am in a car seat with seat belt on and things are getting heavy..
    I do want to keep the weapon on me and not use a vehicle holster or magnet...

To the experts here...Should I be carrying my weapon on my left side in a case like this/ for the drive home?
    Is your normal gun hand (right side for me), the right hand to use when drawing a gun in a car?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tappets View Post
    I do some part time work on a weekend about 25km from me and get to drive a couple of quiet and pretty lonely roads on the way home at 2 or 3am...If I see another car on the way home, its pretty busy sort of thing.....There are a couple of sketchy areas where you need to slow down etc for junctions...Sqautter camps en route as well.....Ought to stop but thats not going to happen at that time of morning....
    Before anyone gets on their high horse...You can see far enough around to safely slow down then go...Anyway...

I am thinking of getting something so I can mount the gun across my chest or something just for the drive home...Or prehaps convert this useless belly band thing into something else...
    I think there is little chance of pulling the gun at a 3/4pm mounting on my hip (right side) when I am in a car seat with seat belt on and things are getting heavy..
    I do want to keep the weapon on me and not use a vehicle holster or magnet...

To the experts here...Should I be carrying my weapon on my left side in a case like this/ for the drive home?
    Is your normal gun hand (right side for me), the right hand to use when drawing a gun in a car?
    Accessing a gun from the seated position in a vehicle is one of the major advantages of AIWB carry. Having the gun in multiple different carry positions for different "scenarios" just adds to the amount of training you need to do the be proficient with the different draw strokes of each position. Its something I would try to avoid at all cost. Keep in mind that the gun also still needs to be covered as per the FCA. Switching the gun between one holster and the next a couple of times a day also adds to the amount of administrative gun handling, that increases the risk for having a ND while fiddling with the gun inside the car.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cbotha15 View Post
    Switching the gun between one holster and the next a couple of times a day also adds to the amount of administrative gun handling, that increases the risk for having a ND while fiddling with the gun inside the car.
    Not to mention the additional opportunities for being made.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7