Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Do I need to apply for a new competency?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    A competency from 2011 will not be valid anymore. No matter what technicalities can be discussed, CFR will not grant you a license with it.
    Not true, and it isn't a technicality. I also have licences to prove this.

Peter

User

A thread with a definite answer… OP should go play lotto!

User

I would just apply to renew the Competency Certificate. In general I don't think SAPS will issue a licence against a competency 10 years old and for a cost of R77 and filling in a form it's not worth the heartache to try and argue about it or take a chance.

It occurs to me that we should make sure you have the terminology correct here. Confirm you are talking about an SAPS-issued Competency Certificate, not the Proficiency Certificate issued by your training provider? If you are talking about the Proficiency Certificate, the answer is different...........

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I would just apply to renew the Competency Certificate. In general I don't think SAPS will issue a licence against a competency 10 years old and for a cost of R77 and filling in a form it's not worth the heartache to try and argue about it or take a chance.
    That's my approach, rightly or wrongly. Waiting for a license and having it bounced for the saving of a form and 77 randelas is just not worth the bother for me.

User

But it will also delay any firearm app as you can no longer submit competency and 271 together.

Although both my renewals were submitted together? I tell you the amount of effort I put into trying to figure this shit out I could have had a law degree by now!!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    But it will also delay any firearm app as you can no longer submit competency and 271 together.

Although both my renewals were submitted together? I tell you the amount of effort I put into trying to figure this shit out I could have had a law degree by now!!!!
    I hear you, I was mistakenly thinking about renewal of a still valid, however the fuck you are supposed to determine that, competence.

Just maybe we need to insist SAPS write competency test for their work, imagine that. hehe

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    You can't submit a 271 & a competency together but you can submit a 271 and competency RENEWAL together. At the same time I will concede that one could always have a prolem convincing your individual DFO about this...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dawie_102 View Post
    Just maybe we need to insist SAPS write competency test for their work, imagine that. hehe
    Be careful what you wish for, there might be almost nobody left and our applications would take even longer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2