Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default Just got home 02:39 and 300 km later.

Went for a quick b/pig hunt, decided to invite a chap for a hunt on his own farm.
    fkit ! I is are and was tired and Cody is crying - just to much.

Went hunting b/pig Friday night, got rained out and blown away, saw less than nothing, not even rabbits - at about 2 this afternoon I figured to phone the farmer and offer to take him again, he graciously accepted and I left home at 19;00 and headed for farm. This time I had 3 rifles, a liter coffee, 2 beers and a tin of tuna - ya a tin of tuna. Was a bit of a rushed hunt with food and drink coming as a after thought.

Clutch packed up in drive way and Cody has become so difficult, arguing and lazy - kak start to quick hunt.
    We saw 20 animals on gravel road and I said 4 to 6 pigs tonight, everything is feeding tonight, hungry from last nights missed feeding.

We saw nothing, in all the spots till 22:30 and the got 4 pigs in 40 minutes and called it a night as we had one more each than needed. I was amazed at Cody's passive state shooting improvement, he now shoots as well as most biltong hunters on their best day and if situation is calm as well as the better hunters - just casually picked off 3 pigs which actually turned out to be 2 pigs as one pig had got up and was shot again as "another pig". When we went to fetch the pigs one was missing and 3rd pig was found with two neck shot holes, we worked it out that it was a case of pig 1 and 3 being same animal. I then shot two pigs next to each other with the farmer shooting a split second on same second animal. Shot my one swung to next and shot it only to hear a second shot shadow mine.

Cody is broken tired, he did nearly all the work - gutted 4 pigs that boy - I made coffee and offered advice.

I had a beer while typing as I forgot to have a beer in bush and now I think I will piss wife off and climb into bed.
    Will do pictures tomorrow.

Ma se hare" boet I is are and was blerrie klaar, finished - need to go back to work so I can rest some.

User

Default Re: Just got home 02:39 and 300 km later.

Those type of hunts are the best. When you come home completely worn out. Take a hot shower, clean clothes and get a very cold beer.

That is living!

User

Good job, Cody, working hard and making dad proud.
    Nice shooting!

Banned

Note the pose ? Teens thought that the coolest move ever. The 3 pigs that were two.
    IMG-20220109-WA0050 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

My two pigs - comes out I wounded a 3rd, long story, but we searching at moment. Not easy in dark and grass is now waist height, so see, loose sight, see, gone - is that same pig or another ?
    20220109_0003 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

I do not like these photo's, to much death and destruction in my mind, but ya tells a story.
    20220109_000341 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr

Two pigs for my family and wife's parents, and 2 pigs for farm, 6 peoples.

Banned

How did the leg hold up?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    How did the leg hold up?
    No issues, I have how ever developed a hand size feeling less patch on leg, just dead area!

Banned

Damaged nerve ends that might heal over time. Glad the hunting was a success.

Was there a 3rd wounded pig?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Damaged nerve ends that might heal over time. Glad the hunting was a success.

Was there a 3rd wounded pig?
    ya - we found blood

Banned

Found a 3rd pig, it has unfortunately gone off. So pig 3 was pig 3 and not pig 1 that had moved. The pig must have dropped in long grass at fence and another came from behind fence along the wash out and through same place, mean while shot pig moved into wash out and out of sight, then along wash out through next fence before dying.
    The total distance is 40 m about, but in complete opposite direction of everything that happened. Shot is a neck into head shot which should have dropped pig right there, but seems to have taken a few minutes.

Dammit !!!!!

User

Don’t feel too bad, treeman…
    Buzzards gotta eat too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast