User

Default ASE Utra Dual556 POA/POI Shift

Hi all,

Question for those that own the AU Dual556 suppressor - Have you noticed a POA/POI shift when shooting with or without the suppressor attached?

If so, how significant is it?

Banned

Default Re: ASE Utra Dual556 POA/POI Shift

There is usually some POI shift as the barrel harmonics have been altered, also there is some extra weight and rigidity added to far end of barrel. These factors added up should make for POI change, that change will depend on so many factors across manufacturers that a defined answer is not possible.

I have had from a few mm to about 15 cm POI shift. Shoot with suppressor from the day you have it, just use it like your scope - always.

User

As treeman said, it differs from rifle to rifle. Change of poi can be dramatic. On my wife's 7x57 poi changes to 4" high and 4" to the right when the suppressor is removed. She uses it with the suppressor and I prefer to use it without. Once you know the difference it is not a problem. When I want to use the rifle, I dial 16 clicks down and 16 left. When she wants to use it, I do the opposite. When it is sighted for suppressor use it is stored without suppressor and without thread protector. When sighted without suppressor it is stored with a thread protector fitted, that way I don't get confused.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    When sighted without suppressor it is stored with a thread protector fitted, that way I don't get confused.
    That's an idea I will gratefully steal.

User

I’m guessing this for a semi auto because the Dual model vents excess gas which wouldn’t be necessary with a bolt gun? All the above advice applies just the same regardless I would think.

I have an Ase Utra SL8 fitted to a .300 Blackout AR, I zeroed it with suppressor and wouldn’t ever shoot it without so have no idea what POI shift could be occurring.