Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: .30 Super Carry

User

Default Re: .30 Super Carry

so basically 7.9mm magnum, think I'll stick with 9mmP

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    I don't get it. I may be wrong, I dont see it taking over the market. Similar recoil levels to 9mm, terminal ballistics close to 9mm, you gain marginal capacity. Not a game changer.
    Agreed but we all know pistol calibers perform relatively the same. So this new caliber like all new calibers marketed to the consumer are meant to keep the industry going in terms of firearm and ammunition sales as well as ancillary sales.

I still feel the true innovation sits with companies designing the magazines (i.e Shield Arms) in order to obtain maximum capacity.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Looks like a solution looking for a problem to me. Only benefit I see over 9mmP is the potential for a little more capacity.
    I agree. this will never come into production unless a law enforcement agency or large US police department adopts it.
    I can't see this happening.

User

If they pushed an 80gr bullet at 1450fps from a compact pistol, I'd say they were in for a win. But they won't do that. ATF wil have a thing or two to say about AP capabilities.

Sent from my BV9900E using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post
    I agree. this will never come into production unless a law enforcement agency or large US police department adopts it.
    I can't see this happening.
    According to the video Federal/CCI are producing a number of loads already and S&W and Nighthawk have guns in production but i agree that in the absence of a large order from the US public sector it won't get massive traction.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    According to the video Federal/CCI are producing a number of loads already and S&W and Nighthawk have guns in production but i agree that in the absence of a large order from the US public sector it won't get massive traction.
    I remember the same words written about the 6,5 CM a while ago by various writers....

User

User

It's indeed a very interesting development and I don't really understand why some detractors are upset about it. It seems that either people complain about a lack of innovation or they brush off any attempt to innovate as frivolous marketing.

I would say one of the biggest drawbacks is cost as compared to 9mm. Since the cost is going to be around 380 ACP prices, I really don't think it's going to take off as 9mm is cheaper. Regardless, taking innovative risks like these is what moves technology forward and I appreciate Federal being willing to do that.

Sent from my GM1901 using Tapatalk

User

https://gununiversity.com/30-super-carry/

Not everyone seems to like it. The above author seems to unpack his points quite well. Slighty more capacity at the expense of everything else.

I don't quite agree with all his points, but he does make some sense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dammitgriff View Post
    Looks like a shortened and rimless 327 Federal Magnum designed for semi-auto pistols, to me. Since I already carry the 327 FedMag in a SP-101, I’m curious to learn more about it.
    Thanks for posting!
    That's exactly what it is. IMHO it's a solution to a non-existent problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2