Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default South Africa nearing Zimbabwe/Argintina/Venezuela type crisis

Saw a quote from Johan Rupert saying last Thursday that it is worrysome for him that people do not recognise in what trouble South Africa is.
    With fuel about to be hicked with R3-80 next month, only one in three adults under 65 employed, Eskom having a good chance of creating a total blackout/grid collapse this winter and Kwazulu-Natal having showed us how thin the layer of civilization on most of our Countrymen are, I believe we are as close to the perfect storm.

The ANC know they will most likely loose the next national election, unless they cook up another major racial incident.
    It boggles my mind that hundreds of young people protested and shut down Stellenbosch University over one Idiot urinating on another students belonging, while the court appearance of a suspected serial murderer of seven South African women in Polekwane, who is a Zimbabwean, not even being featured in mainstream news?

I am filling up my Jerycans tomorrow, getting my chronic meds for two months and await my Galil’s license card.

I am no extremist or doomsday prepper, but think what a two to three weeks without Electricity will do to our supply chains, fuel availability, supply of potable water etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: South Africa nearing Zimbabwe/Argintina/Venezuela type crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Saw a quote from Johan Rupert saying last Thursday that it is worrysome for him that people do not recognise in what trouble South Africa is.
    With fuel about to be hicked with R3-80 next month, only one in three adults under 65 employed, Eskom having a good chance of creating a total blackout/grid collapse this winter and Kwazulu-Natal having showed us how thin the layer of civilization on most of our Countrymen are, I believe we are as close to the perfect storm.

The ANC know they will most likely loose the next national election, unless they cook up another major racial incident.
    It boggles my mind that hundreds of young people protested and shut down Stellenbosch University over one Idiot urinating on another students belonging, while the court appearance of a suspected serial murderer of seven South African women in Polekwane, who is a Zimbabwean, not even being featured in mainstream news?

I am filling up my Jerycans tomorrow, getting my chronic meds for two months and await my Galil’s license card.

I am no extremist or doomsday prepper, but think what a two to three weeks without Electricity will do to our supply chains, fuel availability, supply of potable water etc?

Only now?

Just pulling your chain a bit.

Invest in precious metals. And start making friends with your neighbours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post

Invest in precious metals.

Lead, copper and brass

We were saved by commodity prices recently. If they turn over things could get ugly.

User

Awaiting your galils license card? When will you have time to become proficient and effective with it?
    TIA….
    PS. ANC wont lose…

User

Rupert doesn't give a shit about you or me, he cares for his bottom line and us not being able to afford his products.

I'd be surprised if we made it as far as a next election before a meltdown triggered by something happened, we are building up to the perfect storm on many fronts.

If the grid failed, it's never coming back on. As soon as the news leaks it will be a free for all on the cabling infrastructure, then the breakdown of the rule of law, whatever is left of it anyway. No doubt by day 3 max as people start running out of stuff ,they will start appropriating stuff as they are deemed to be needed. No electricity to pump water implies that no fires can be extinguished,etc. How many "amptenare" will still pitch for work by day 3? They all have their own families,etc to fend for.

I hope you realise you'll need more than 2 mags and 60rnds of ammo as many here seem to think. I hope you have a good couple of armed and capable friends along with a good set of contingency plans.

Whilst grid failure is very high up on the list, don't discount a national version of the July riots and, or a healthy dose of xenophobia mixed into that. We don't know if EWC implementation will turn into a land invasion free for all,etc. Or a seemingly arbitrary something like our gov't instructing the cell ph network operators to switch off tens of millions of phones because people didn't want to do the biometrics thing, we are a little bit more volatile than Nigeria. Gov't running out of grants money?

Any of these, or any combo of these are all sadly very plausible triggers. A small something that's just bad enough to mobilise a statistically small but large enough bunch of very angry people is all that's needed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Awaiting your galils license card? When will you have time to become proficient and effective with it?
    TIA….
    PS. ANC wont lose…

Dont worry about myproficiency- I was already shooting IPSC for 5 years when you turned 18.

I have shot shot someone in selfdefence before with a LM6, the controls is pretty much the same.

Lets stick to discussing the topic, not the man who post it.

User

That we are, and have for a long time been on a downhill trajectory is undeniable. Like with bankruptcy state failure happens slowly at first and then quickly near the end. The only questions are where we are in the timeline as failure seems inevitable to me and quite how complete that failure will be, i.e will it be more like Zim or Somalia.

Government's response to last year's riots, the dismantling and wholesale pillage of Transnet's network, the continued looting of Eskom and any number of other example show that it has already effectively collapsed. There's posturing, play acting and a lot of spending but little substance.

User

I won't be 3 weeks without power it will be more like 3 days. No food will be 2 days.

If you haven't kept up your weapons training you had better correct that problem real quick.

There won't be any police to save you. We saw that after the New Orleans hurricane, The police disappeared and it turned into Mad Max land.

User

Dont worry about myproficiency- I was already shooting IPSC for 5 years when you turned 18.

I have shot shot someone in selfdefence before with a LM6, the controls is pretty much the same.

Lets stick to discussing the topic, not the man who post it.
    Ok great, and well done for surviving what could only have been a horrible ordeal, next question, would you fight or flee?

I am more in favor of the latter, then again, maybe I should buy another long gun, but I dont want something just sitting in the safe and I dont have the budget to feed a .223.

I think we should fear the ANC losing power much more than a 3 day blackout, Remember when the IFP came through Boipatong township in 93 or 94 and slaughtered ANC voters with pangas, I fear the ANC supporters would react much much worse, and can only hope that we can watch from the side and not get dragged into anything

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast