Thread: Arlo Pro

User

Default Arlo Pro

Hi Guys i just setup a 5 camera Arlo Pro gen3. I picked it up on ebay for a very good price. Its wireless and the batteries last close to 3 months which is amazing. You can arm it and it sends a notification to your phone when it detects movement. You can setup a usb drive on the base station that plugs into your fibre router to record onto. Its the most cost effective setup i think even imported it cost me just over 5k for the whole setup.

https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/cameras/arlo-pro-3

User

Default Re: Arlo Pro

1. Thanx, I have an older version, constantly charging batteries is a nightmare, like every 3 days. You don’t want to know what I paid for it. Was promised back up service a year later the guy was out of business.

Cameras do work well though, came with 4, the wireless aspect is definitely an advantage.

User

Hey Wild Cost check out ebay there are quote a few places selling batteries, mine takes the same battery as the older. Unfortantly no support in south africa for them and i have yet to find batteries here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    1. Thanx, I have an older version, constantly charging batteries is a nightmare, like every 3 days. You don’t want to know what I paid for it. Was promised back up service a year later the guy was out of business.

Cameras do work well though, came with 4, the wireless aspect is definitely an advantage.

User

Have a look. https://www.ebay.com/itm/26479886494...3ABFBMltCk6slf
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post

User

Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    Hey Wild Cost check out ebay there are quote a few places selling batteries, mine takes the same battery as the older. Unfortantly no support in south africa for them and i have yet to find batteries here.
    I also have an older version Arlo 4 cam setup. got batteries locally, but some of them did not work properly even though they were the right size and voltage. i realized that some were 0.5mm too short (it was barely) so I just put a small dab of solder on the tip and now they all work 100%

User

Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    Thanx bud.

User

Hi Papabeer must please share if you remember where as that will be a great idea and cheaper than importing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPaBeeR View Post
    I also have an older version Arlo 4 cam setup. got batteries locally, but some of them did not work properly even though they were the right size and voltage. i realized that some were 0.5mm too short (it was barely) so I just put a small dab of solder on the tip and now they all work 100%