Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: DNA / fingerprint / shot firearm database?

I think I have had enough internet for today.

User

Probably should have put more emphasis on why I understand that SA wouldn't / can't / shouldn't do any of that, and definitely no I don't trust the ANC at all, in any manner.

In movies anyway, DNA is found and then they check for known criminal samples and maybe they find a match, surely it would be better if all citizens were in there already and not only known criminals. But I get it, giving them (Any government) too much power / info is also not the greatest idea.

But thanks I understand now.

User

I see no one has brought this up yet, but have a look at David Klatzow's publication: "Defective Science" Debunking the myth of Ballistic fingerprinting. I believe it's a free pdf.

It's a really good resource on why this is not feasible and I believe it was published in response to proposed amendments to the FCA, where ballistic fingerprinting was touted.

**Edit, look at the link to the publication:
    http://paratus.info/wp-content/uploa...enabled-v2.pdf

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Mk1 View Post
    Probably should have put more emphasis on why I understand that SA wouldn't / can't / shouldn't do any of that, and definitely no I don't trust the ANC at all, in any manner.

In movies anyway, DNA is found and then they check for known criminal samples and maybe they find a match, surely it would be better if all citizens were in there already and not only known criminals. But I get it, giving them (Any government) too much power / info is also not the greatest idea.

But thanks I understand now.
    No thank you. I’m not giving my DNA to the state just sommer because. I don’t buy into that “you if you have nothing to hide” crap either. Simple fuck no.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

All fun and games, until the government turns hostile against certain groups of citizens. I cannot actually think of a single government in the world that hasn't turned hostile against at least 1 group of it's own people.

In SA right now, white males are pretty much at the top of the ANCs hit list. The less power and control a government has over it's people the better.

User

Search (I no longer use google as a verb) and read up a bit on Democide. Government killing of its own citizens. More people were killed by their own governments in the 20th century than all foreign wars combined. And many times over how many were killed by criminals, think it was something like 20 times more IIRC

Also, movies aren't real. I used to work in the film and TV industry. It's all set up, even the reality shows. Romance, Action, Crime, Legal... all so far removed from how it goes down in real life

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I think I have had enough internet for today.
    Hope you don’t mind sir but I saved this line to my notes and I see myself using it quite a bit?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Hope you don’t mind sir but I saved this line to my notes and I see myself using it quite a bit?
    This line belongs to humanity, feel free to use as needed :-)

User

Default DNA / fingerprint / shot firearm database?

So SAFFERs do not have a national ID number assigned at birth?

Every American citizen has a unique Social Security number, assigned shortly after birth. Also, when we process-in for military service, blood is taken via finger-prick specifically for DNA use in identifying your body if KIA. Fingerprints are scanned and uploaded at the military entrancing and processing station to the FBI database. With fingerprints, SSN and birth date a criminal background check is conducted when one applies for positions in government employ, certain private industries, gun purchases, child care, and, often, rental applications.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

We do have allocated ID numbers and finger prints taken at birth. But remember we have a government that couldn’t find its own asshole with both hands and a mirror. I still oppose DNA sampling just because.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast