Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Un-Fudding Fudds.

I’ve found great value in reading up on the firearms laws in my state. One could make a strong argument that knowledge of the law is a core responsibility of every citizen and therefore mandatory.
    It's a part of our PROFICIENCY test, which is 2 parts, 1 legal aspects, 2 Handle and use, which includes varying degrees of practical, depending on the training centre.

Competency is a SAPS application which is done before an application for a Licence. If you're lucky they get submitted at the same time.

Very often the legal aspect gets compromised by, well fud's, hence the shoot a warning shot, shoot the leg etc, some of these people are in the legal fraternity but out of touch with the law part.
    Also, many owners quickly forget the legal aspect and never bother to brush up.

The problem I see wrt proficiency training (first time gun owners), is that it is done prior to competency application. By the time the licence is approved 12-18 months later (if lucky!), the laws have been forgotten, but because I did training I'm good to go.

I wonder how many first time owners train while waiting for their licences.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Proficiency training is a scam. It’s prohibitively expensive and set up to hinder people taking up arms legally.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Start off with the fundamentals. This is the core that needs to be strong. Adrian Rosslee, Mark Human, Arno Barlow and even Gideon Joubert can get you stated. Don’t worry about the high speed stuff. Get a good foundation in place first
    I think that perhaps you have misunderstood my post, I didn't say that I need training. Thanks.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by inanabhay View Post
    I think that perhaps you have misunderstood my post, I didn't say that I need training. Thanks.
    Yes totally, sorry I couldn’t delete.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    Very often the legal aspect gets compromised by, well fud's, hence the shoot a warning shot, shoot the leg etc, some of these people are in the legal fraternity but out of touch with the law part.
    Also, many owners quickly forget the legal aspect and never bother to brush up.
    A good example of this here where Themba Maseko tells reporters that he fired two warning shots in the air to scare off people trying to break into his house.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    A good example of this here where Themba Maseko tells reporters that he fired two warning shots in the air to scare off people trying to break into his house.
    Indeed it is. Also, some people are able to get accelerated training, presumably using a bit of palm grease.
    I was once at my club chatting to the guys behind the counter (shop part of indoor range), a chap walks in, not a South African, and asks to buys some ammo. No problem, produces license, pays for ammo, all good.
    He then asks one of the guys if they would show him how to load the magazine and insert it into the firearm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4