Thread: Newbie from Jhb

User

Default Newbie from Jhb

Morning all

Been lurking for a while, read some great posts and very insightful information.

I've never really been exposed to firearms in my life - other than being shot at a few times working as a medic. My family are not really into it but my old man had one many moons ago but never really took the time to teach me about them etc so was always quite anxious just thinking about owning one.

The wife and I moved into a free standing property a year ago which prompted me to look into getting a firearm for SD... Fast forward a few months and I decided to take the plunge and did the competency in Dec 2021, was a really awesome experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've decided to purchase a FA and it's actually just arrived at the dealer and will obviously be stocked until the process is complete- yes it may be premature however I am committing to getting as comfortable as possible at the range while I can so that once the licence is complete I have a FA that I have been able to get used to and comfortable with.

My FA of choice is a Beretta APX Centurion - reasonably easy to conceal for EDC and just felt more comfortable as compared to the likes of the G 43x which is a little smaller. The Beretta grip just feels comfortable and I find I sight the target quicker... I guess it's all personal preference right.

Thanks for the time.
    B
    Last edited by BB13; 14-01-2022 at 10:48. Reason: Spell check

Default Re: Newbie from Jhb

Welcome Mr Medic. Lots of good info here on GS.
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

User

Hi and welcome!

User

Just been to dealer to have a look see.

Ah man but she is a beaut!!!

User

Hi and welcome

Sent from my SM-N980F using Tapatalk