Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: How to change self defense gun

Quote Originally Posted by Karoobow View Post
    I always wonder when guys make these comments how on earth do you guys get to the point where you want to try and sue someone in his personal capacity while he is employed by and acting for the state and executing his duties while on duty....it CAN NEVER HAPPEN....

Most people should brush up on their laws, not only DFO's.
    As above

It's very easy when it's tax payers money being thrown away.

Same DFO wouldn't let me report a missing license card within 24 hours, and would arrest me if I was found carrying without said card (sure)

He is not executing his duties if he is in breach of the very law he is employed to enforce. It's not really his personal capacity when his state funded pension is used to cover costs faced by the state due to his ignorance of duty.

Do you think the state wouldn't throw him under the bus to avoid costs?

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'm in process with renewing a section 15. My helpful DFO said that I could apply for the renewal as a S16 and I have done so. Be interesting to see what comes out of it.
    Best of luck with this bud. Provided that you properly motivated the renewal (wrt s.16 licence and not simply a brief "motivation / confirmation" which you would usually do for a renewal on the same section 15), I am sure that you will be successful. Indeed, I speak from experience when I say so bec I did this in 2021.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Best of luck with this bud. Provided that you properly motivated the renewal (wrt s.16 licence and not simply a brief "motivation / confirmation" which you would usually do for a renewal on the same section 15), I am sure that you will be successful. Indeed, I speak from experience when I say so bec I did this in 2021.
    That's good to hear. I go 'big stick' with my motivations so it had everything in it that was provided for my last successful S16 new application.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    That's good to hear. I go 'big stick' with my motivations so it had everything in it that was provided for my last successful S16 new application.
    Great -- sounds like you did this the right way (and this is how I did mine, given the huge way in which my DFO emphasised that the renewal "...needed to be properly motivated for the new section"). Let us know how you get on!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Great -- sounds like you did this the right way (and this is how I did mine, given the huge way in which my DFO emphasised that the renewal "...needed to be properly motivated for the new section"). Let us know how you get on!
    Will do.

Going to go s16. Will shoot it a bit and then decide. Perhaps I'll sell the glock when the license is up for renewal and..... Buy another gun ��

++ on DFOs applying different rules.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3