Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Bowling pin shooting with a. 22LR Rimfire Handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    This sport seems fun. Something I think I would enjoy .

Anyone know if any club in KZN is doing this ? Or where I can look.this up ?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    There is a club in New Castle. PM me for the chairman's contact details. There were unsuccessful attempts to start a club in Durban.

User

Default Re: Bowling pin shooting with a. 22LR Rimfire Handgun

Pin shooting is great fun. All my kids became interested in shooting after watching the adults and other kids shooting pins. From around 6 years old, they started shooting club matches and soon after they competed in provincial and national matches. All of them are still active sports shooters and have won a few medals too. So yes, I would say that Pin Shooting can be a good way to start kids off in sports shooting. Reactive targets are just so much more fun.

As stated before, a typical 22LR handgun will easily topple a bowling pin off the table. The U/13 juniors (Peewees) compete up to nationals level with a 22 handgun and a 22 rifle.

The U/18 juniors and adults can also shoot in the 22 Rimfire Handgun event, but to make it more challenging for them they shoot at sawed-off pin heads. Still great fun.

Al handgun events are shot at 25 feet, which translates to 7,6 m. Sounds easy, but you definitely need to use your sights properly. The fast misses don't count.

Find a club near you and go look. Bring whatever handgun(s) you have, lots of ammo and your eye and ear protection. (Even if you don't shoot, eye and ear pro is compulsory.) There are several different events that accommodate most pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. The most popular event is the 9-Pin Tipp-over. 9mm pistols are dominating this event, so if you have one, here is a place to start.

Pin shooting is a lot like sex. Watching it on your screen does not give you much of an idea about what it is like. You have to experience it yourself.

Let's go Sarel !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2