Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Beretta APX Centurion

I picked up my APX Centurion for R7995 brand new.

User

Bought two APX compacts for me and the girl. That was in Oct 2020.

I have mine since Sept last year. Her licence only arrived at the cop shop this past Monday.

I have about 2500 through mine. She stil gas to put a single round through it

I had about 4 or 5 feed problems until I upped my range loads. I was running a 124gr cast FP at 950 fps. Upped it to 1050. Since then I had 0 problems with it.

A new lady shooter limpwristed ( almost threw it over her head ) with a half full 19 round mag and caused a mag related stoppage.

Otherwise than that, the pistol ate everything thrown at it: factory and reloads. 47gr to 158gr.

Accuracy is better than I can shoot.

I don't like the "combat" sight picture that it requires to get hits on target. I have been planning to grind down the front site since my first range session, but have never got a round tuit. Did it with my PX4 Compact and never looked back.

The mags, with the catch in front, necessitated me to make new mag pouches.

Add a PL-mini 2 and one of my home made kydex hoslters, it is a treat to carry. But that is more belt and holster than the pistol itself.

I can recommend it.

Sent from my BV9900E using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Aceofspades View Post
    Bought two APX compacts for me and the girl. That was in Oct 2020.

I have mine since Sept last year. Her licence only arrived at the cop shop this past Monday.

I have about 2500 through mine. She stil gas to put a single round through it

I had about 4 or 5 feed problems until I upped my range loads. I was running a 124gr cast FP at 950 fps. Upped it to 1050. Since then I had 0 problems with it.

A new lady shooter limpwristed ( almost threw it over her head ) with a half full 19 round mag and caused a mag related stoppage.

Otherwise than that, the pistol ate everything thrown at it: factory and reloads. 47gr to 158gr.

Accuracy is better than I can shoot.

I don't like the "combat" sight picture that it requires to get hits on target. I have been planning to grind down the front site since my first range session, but have never got a round tuit. Did it with my PX4 Compact and never looked back.

The mags, with the catch in front, necessitated me to make new mag pouches.

Add a PL-mini 2 and one of my home made kydex hoslters, it is a treat to carry. But that is more belt and holster than the pistol itself.

I can recommend it.

Sent from my BV9900E using Tapatalk
    Great feedback thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    Howsit

Your need to clear your DMs. Won't allow me to send.
    Sorry about that. Cleared. Please try again.

Or email me : info@belva.co.za

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

User

Ok so I have managed to get a little range time and I love it, feels bulkier and a little heavier than my mates G23. I feel it does have quite alot of recoil but I think I'll get accustomed to it, my mate reckons very similar to his.... But we are inexperienced shooters, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I found I was more accurate with the G19 I shot for my competency but it improved though with a few shots. I have to say I really like this FA and contrary to most I actually think it's good looking, quite like aggressive look it has.

Im really hoping we get the Roni here for it cause that will be a mic elittle addition to have. Hoping to head to the range later this month to get some more time in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    Ok so I have managed to get a little range time and I love it, feels bulkier and a little heavier than my mates G23. I feel it does have quite alot of recoil but I think I'll get accustomed to it, my mate reckons very similar to his.... But we are inexperienced shooters, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I found I was more accurate with the G19 I shot for my competency but it improved though with a few shots. I have to say I really like this FA and contrary to most I actually think it's good looking, quite like aggressive look it has.

Im really hoping we get the Roni here for it cause that will be a mic elittle addition to have. Hoping to head to the range later this month to get some more time in.

Next logical step would be to do a fundamentals course with a good instructor. With you being a inexperienced shooter. You don't want to teach and practice bad habits or techniques. n Fundamentals course will teach you the correct technique and save you time and money.

User

Any suggestions in and around Jhb West/North?
    Im based in Randburg.

Thank you in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2