Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    3,210

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    Got to handle them. The fit and finish seems excellent.Saw an advert, 223 at R21000 and 300BLK at R25000. So still fair prices for a hopefully decent AR. I agree on the 300BLK barrel length, glad they do have the 9" option.

  2. #22
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Got to handle them. The fit and finish seems excellent.Saw an advert, 223 at R21000 and 300BLK at R25000. So still fair prices for a hopefully decent AR. I agree on the 300BLK barrel length, glad they do have the 9" option.
    9” is enough for any man. I would sell my car before I sell my 9” .300Blk AR.

  3. #23
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,841

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    KEYMOD! Why bloody KEYMOD? Why is it South African gun designers tend toward obscure trends in firearms.

    However, the 14" is tempting.

    https://www.africadefence.com/assault-rifles

  4. #24
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    I’m wondering if their barrel material is similar to 4150 chrome moly vanadium used in the US? But I guess a company that offers a 20mm sniper rifle must know a thing or two about barrels.

    A quick look at the bolt carrier group would also be a good way to see if they are serious about their manufacturing.

  5. #25
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Posts
    3,336

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    I wonder how much of the rifle is manufactured here. I'd assume you'd need to move substantial volumes to justify the additional capital outlay required to setup to manufacture components rather than sourcing them from mass producers in the US and elsewhere. I really hope they are manufacturing though and wish them the very best with the venture.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I wonder how much of the rifle is manufactured here. I'd assume you'd need to move substantial volumes to justify the additional capital outlay required to setup to manufacture components rather than sourcing them from mass producers in the US and elsewhere. I really hope they are manufacturing though and wish them the very best with the venture.
    Apart from barrels which they already make it would be insane to manufacture the rest. Parts are so cheap in the US given the volume. Truvelo do have amazing ability though.

  7. #27
    User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Does the longer barrel also perhaps help with flash and bark?
    As DS noted. I've also not noticed an improvement with a longer barrel.

    Which I put down to the complete burn of the powder, unlike a short 5.56 which is still burning at pretty much most barrel lengths under 18"

  8. #28
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Under the Jackalberry.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,527

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    Allegedly, both the DM4 and Musgrave AR's are now being built with Truvelo barrels and are assembled by Truvelo. Not the same guns by any means, just built in the same shop.
    I also like the fact that Truvelo cold-hammer-forge their barrels.




    Let's go Sarel !!!

  9. #29
    User Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH
    Posts
    14,849

    Default Re: Truvelo AR rifles, including 300BLK

    Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Allegedly, both the DM4 and Musgrave AR's are now being built with Truvelo barrels and are assembled by Truvelo. Not the same guns by any means, just built in the same shop.
    I also like the fact that Truvelo cold-hammer-forge their barrels.

    Let's go Sarel !!!
    The DM4's are now using Truvelo barrels.

    Why would Musgrave/Wildman use someone elses barrel plant when they have their own?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •