User

Default Mag Locks - swing gate

I've recently moved into a free standing house, it has those swing gates that don't instill much confidence in me.

I've been advised to fit 2 magnetic locks on it so that they can be forced open. Anyone done this before or know someone who can quote?

Unfortunately fitting a new gate isn't in the budget right now.

TIA

User

Default Re: Mag Locks - swing gate

Is converting the existing swingers to a single slider a possibility?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    I've recently moved into a free standing house, it has those swing gates that don't instill much confidence in me.

I've been advised to fit 2 magnetic locks on it so that they can be forced open. Anyone done this before or know someone who can quote?

Unfortunately fitting a new gate isn't in the budget right now.

TIA
    Easy enough to do. I did it a few years ago and it was not that expensive. Google security superstore. The should have everything you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

At my previous house I had heavy swing gates with Centurion Vantage motors and a single mag lock. The motors does stop the gate from moving a little bit, but its still enough for someone to slip through. The mag lock didnt help at all as this could easily be pushed open, IMHO I dont think an extra mag lock will make a difference. The other problem was that during loadshedding the mag lock drained my batteries very quickly (and damaged them). For whats its worth, I paid about R750 or so 6 years ago to get the single mag lock installed. Before we moved I was actually considering a 12v solenoid lock as this would have been much stronger than the mag lock.

User

Thanks for the feedback.
    I will have to do some more research I think.

Out of interest, how did you code the mag lock so that it releases at the time you press the button to open the gates!?

User

Its actually quite easy, check your manual, theres a section on where the maglock wires go on the board, then once connected you just change the setting in the menu to enable the maglock. The Centurion board will then automatically engage/disengage the maglock when you open/close the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I will have to do some more research I think.

Out of interest, how did you code the mag lock so that it releases at the time you press the button to open the gates!?

User

Ah great stuff. Let me see if these motors have the fucntion.