Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Whoopie Goldberg, the Left and Cancel Culture

https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...caust-comments

I don't like Whoopie Goldberg or the View. I think what she said about the Holocaust was despicable. If she was white, she would have already been fired, cancelled and deleted from polite society for what she said. But because she is black and a leftist, she is given a free pass. It also reminds me of Mal Enema and his ilk here in South Africa, who engage in racism, xenophobia and antisemitism that, had he been white, would have resulted in his political career ending and possibly going to prison.

This however raises the question on what to do about people like this. Some people oppose cancel culture and state that we should not punish people for voicing their thoughts, no matter how hurtful, idiotic and insane they are. Others argue that, since the Left are the champions and inventors of Cancel Culture, that they should be forced to live up to their own standards, and get burned down and devoured by the monster they created. One thing is for sure, there must be a single, consistent objective standard everyone should be held to.

What are your opinions? What is the best means to deal with loudmouth hate mongers regardless of their skin color or political ideology? Do we cancel them all, or should cancel culture itself be cancelled?

User

Default Re: Whoopie Goldberg, the Left and Cancel Culture

wtf is cancel culture?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Do we cancel them all, or should cancel culture itself be cancelled?
    Ignore the whole circus is my approach. No-one, regardless of how ignorant and bigoted they are, I'm looking at you Whoopsie, should be 'cancelled' for anything that they say. "Cancelling" is an extra judicial sanction wielded by a mindless mobamoeba. Fuckem.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    wtf is cancel culture?
    Social media driven hate shitstorms that cause people to lose their jobs etc over 'offensive' things they say. I genuinely envy you for not having heard of it. Suggests that your life is a lot more meaningfully spent than mine!

Got suspended for 2 weeks. That not even a slap on the pinky. Nevermind slap on wrist even.

Sharon Osbourne mentioned something far less drastic and was sacked almost in commercial break from the The Talk.

Her real name is Caryn Johnson.

She suggested at the time that Biden should appoint his wife, "Dr" Jill Biden, as the Surgeon General
    of the USA.

She really is that dof, like Kamala Harris.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...om_israel.html

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    wtf is cancel culture?
    I'm still trying to figure out what is the difference between a semite and all the rest of the races...
    Annelien Kriel Kerzner Bacon used to be white but then she became a "semite" by converting to jewish religion? If she decides to go with Budhism would that mean she is now Asian?
    Can anyone on this forum (or the world) tell the difference between a white member of the Jewish faith, the Christian faith or Muslim faith?
    How does one's faith / religion cause a person to belong to a certain race?

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what is the difference between a semite and all the rest of the races...
    Annelien Kriel Kerzner Bacon used to be white but then she became a "semite" by converting to jewish religion? If she decides to go with Budhism would that mean she is now Asian?
    Can anyone on this forum (or the world) tell the difference between a white member of the Jewish faith, the Christian faith or Muslim faith?
    How does one's faith / religion cause a person to belong to a certain race?
    Semitic peoples are those of Western Asian (i.e Middle Eastern origin). Semitic religions are religions that originate from that part of the world, i.e Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Anthropologists of the 19th-Century generally aligned ethnicity alongside language and culture.

The term "anti-semite" was popularized by the German ethnic nationalist Wilhelm Marr in 1879, who believed in a "Struggle" between "Aryans" and the Jews (despite the fact that German Jews were well integrated into German society at the time). As such, despite the term Semitic being rather vague and obsolete, in regard to Anti-Semitism it has always been used in the context of animus towards Jews.

Ironically, Marr renounced his antisemitism towards the end of his life.

Banned

The whole dam world is f'dup - except for you and I.
    But! You know, sometimes I wonder about you.

I read that statement somewhere 30/40 years ago, stuck with me, there is a lot about how we are in those two lines.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Annelien Kriel Kerzner Bacon used to be white but then she became a "semite" by converting to jewish religion?
    So... was she then only a semi-semite?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast