Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Truckers bringing about a Canadian Spring

Apparently they raised $6M for this rally on go fund me and now go fund me is refusing to release the money.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Apparently they raised $6M for this rally on go fund me and now go fund me is refusing to release the money.

Not the first time they've done that.

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post

Last I checked over 7 million was raised with 1 million dollars released so far. 25 % of the convoy are
    big rigs. Plenty of uncensored videos on alternative platforms.

I think this Is where I divert on the topic of democracy. People want democracy where majority decides who is in power but the second it's someone they don't or don't like how things are run then it's an issue.

And yes 50 000 is a lot of people but it needs to be quantified against the total population and more so when elections come if they truly have so much support they should be able to effect change

User

Default Truckers bringing about a Canadian Spring

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post
    I think this Is where I divert on the topic of democracy. People want democracy where majority decides who is in power but the second it's someone they don't or don't like how things are run then it's an issue.

And yes 50 000 is a lot of people but it needs to be quantified against the total population and more so when elections come if they truly have so much support they should be able to effect change
    Yes indeed. And our democracy is working out perfectly.

2 things can be true at the same time. And maybe peoples minds can change from the time they last voted. And they can voice their opinion even if wrong.

What you are suggestion they could not 1. Change their opinion on something and 2. Have to shut up because they are a minority.

Should they shut up and go home? You seem to be singing from the same hymn book Tredaux was using at the press conference.

Maybe you are right. Maybe I don’t want democracy. Maybe all I want is working, lightweight government that does not force me to do stuff that I do not want to as long as it is within our laws. Even if I did not vote or like them. But no, some fucks reckon they know whats better for me. You are actually 100% correct. Maybe democracy is not the way to go. Its not doing a lot lately anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
    Their is a lot of misinformation about this convoy. Apparently about 90% of Canadian truckers are vaccinated, and very few actual long haul truckers are taking part. My friend in Ontario described it as mostly F250 type trucks, (with some big rigs), and guys dressed up in their turkey hunting gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not sure what you're implying here or if you've even seen any of the footage?
    This is not an "anti-vax" protest, its an "anti-mandate" protest. There's a rather stark difference.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by phant1m View Post

That is why most counties have a constitutional democracy, so that the state doesn’t turn from a democracy to majoritarian run state. A democracy isn’t a state where the “majority says so” a democracy is a state where individual rights are upheld, not majority wants.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Not sure what you're implying here or if you've even seen any of the footage?
    This is not an "anti-vax" protest, its an "anti-mandate" protest. There's a rather stark difference.
    Well it’s all over CTV & CBC, so I’ve watched that, if it helps. It’s more an anti Trudeau demo, by the look of things. By dancing on the Tomb of Unknown soldier and defacing Terry Fox, they’ve alienated a lot of people . The odd Swastika and Confederate flag didn’t add much to the point either.

User

Quote Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
    Well it’s all over CTV & CBC, so I’ve watched that, if it helps. It’s more an anti Trudeau demo, by the look of things. By dancing on the Tomb of Unknown soldier and defacing Terry Fox, they’ve alienated a lot of people . The odd Swastika and Confederate flag didn’t add much to the point either.

There are always random braindead morons who will try their best to hijack the protest and ruin everything.

User

With the 'right' kind of coverage this thing can be twisted a hundred ways. in the footage I've seen I didn't notice a single swastika nor a confederate flag amidst the sea of Canadian flags. That there were morons in the crowd doing stupid shit like flying swastikas and disrespecting monuments is a forgone conclusion. 'Extreme' happenings attract extremists. You don't have to go further than the 'mostly peaceful' protests in the US to see that but they were reported for the most part as though they were block parties with free hugs being distributed despite dozens of deaths and billions in damage throgh arson and looting.

I saw a clip, which purported to be of a CBC camera crew setting up to shoot the tail end of one of the convoys a couple days back. The camera was pointed towards what was a largely empty road but when the guy filming them panned around in the opposite direction 90% of the vehicles and crowd were in that direction. No doubt similar tricks are and will be played by supporters of the protest.

I sincerely hope that this thing has legs as whether or not you care about vaccine mandates or whatever you should about creeping government. Governments rarely if ever voluntarily limit their power and reach and not may people could convincingly argue that western governments in particular haven't been guilty of quite a bit of creep and overreach in the last two years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast