User

Default New to the site from Cape Town

Good evening all,

I've been a member on this site for probably about 10 years but never introduced myself nor have I ever posted anything. I think better late than never to come out of the shadows especially in this trying time knowing that eventually our police minister will try his luck again with his bullsh&t firearms bill.

I own a 1911 Colt series 70 that I've had for years (section 13) and am in the process of acquiring an additional
    firearm under section 15 , I'm not really interested in becoming dedicated but what I do wanna know is...Is it lawful to carry that firearm anytime of the day and night? I know it's a grey area but is there anyone here that carries a section 15 or 16 firearm like it's a section 13 firearm? for example at night just incase you would need to defend yourself.

Any comments would be appreciated and again apologies for taking 10 years to come out of the closet...I mean
    dark....shit joke!!!

User

Default Re: New to the site from Cape Town

Hi and Welcome!!

I carried a S16 handgun for self defense while waiting for my S13 (Sold one bought one sold one bought one.....) application to go through for a few years, eventually got the handgun I wanted under S13 but CFR issued it under Section 16, took it to my DFO and she as well as the captain, said, meh, carry it and be safe....

I dont own a S13 firearm and have not since late 2018

User

After the sun goes down all section 16s become section 13s… Welcome to the site, from a fellow capetonian.

Seriously though let me see if I can find a link to one of the many threads that discuss this topic at length. Will edit it into this post.

User

Section 13:
    (4) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
    Section 14:
    (6) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
    Section 15:
    (4) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
    Section 16:
    (3) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
    Section 16A:
    (3) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used by the professional hunter for his or her private use and professional hunting purposes where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.
    Section 17:
    Section 19:
    (5) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may only be used on an accredited shooting range in accordance with the rules of that shooting range and in accordance with such conditions as the Registrar may impose.
    Section 20:
    (3) A licence issued in terms of this section must specify the business purpose in respect of which it is issued.
    (4) A firearm in respect of which a licence was issued in terms of this section may only be used as specified in the licence.
    Section 21:
    (5) A firearm in respect of which an authorisation has been issued in terms of this section may be used only -
    (a) if the Registrar by endorsement on the authorisation permits such use; and
    (b) in accordance with such conditions as may be prescribed and imposed by the Registrar.

User

Hi and welcome

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

User

Howzit and welcome . Congratulations on getting out the closet

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk