Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Whoopie Goldberg, the Left and Cancel Culture

I've distilled, or maybe fermented, my experience of people into the following three reminders. It's been a long, long time since one or more of them haven't applied to the fucked up things people get up to.

Is as does
    I'm shocked but not surprised
    People will people

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    The whole dam world is f'dup - except for you and I.
    But! You know, sometimes I wonder about you.

I read that statement somewhere 30/40 years ago, stuck with me, there is a lot about how we are in those two lines.
    "I live in my own little world. But its OK, they know me here" - Lauren Myracle

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So... was she then only a semi-semite?
    Not sure about her... But I recently received a copy of my whole family tree going back about 4 centuries... Turns out I can claim some BEE status! (and thats just on my mother's side. If I get the the family tree on dad's side I might even put in a land claim!)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Semitic peoples are those of Western Asian (i.e Middle Eastern origin). Semitic religions are religions that originate from that part of the world, i.e Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Anthropologists of the 19th-Century generally aligned ethnicity alongside language and culture.

The term "anti-semite" was popularized by the German ethnic nationalist Wilhelm Marr in 1879, who believed in a "Struggle" between "Aryans" and the Jews (despite the fact that German Jews were well integrated into German society at the time). As such, despite the term Semitic being rather vague and obsolete, in regard to Anti-Semitism it has always been used in the context of animus towards Jews.

Ironically, Marr renounced his antisemitism towards the end of his life.
    Luckily in my little corner of the world things are simple. Abraham's descendants turned out to be as many as the Bible said they would be. Mathematically it is impossible for someone to not have more than one forefather / ancestor who did not desend from Abraham. That and the fact that we are ALL descended from Noah, and the little Bible verse that states we are all blood of one blood... and we should "avoid endless geneologies". As far as I'm concerned there is one race, the human race. Others who believe in aliens and lizzard people may feel differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2