Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: AR OPTIONS? Not many choices it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by S14Phoenix View Post
    That is a nice M&P. Looks like DD stock. I hear you on visiting the shops and checking out what they have. Unfortunately there is a lot of shops and it seem like lucky dip on who sells what or even has stock for that matter.

Any suggestions on where you could see a fair collection or just more than the ruger, m&p? seems that is all that is very available in and around GP that is decent bang for buck and not overpriced for relative little added quality?
    Spartan Arms in Edenvale have a few, and a indoor range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Spartan Arms also does the SAI 2.0, I purchased mine there and picked it up 2 weeks ago. The service from them is great, and the price is fantastic. Purchased mine for R16k last year. Haven’t put too many rounds through it but very happy with it so far

User

How many is not too many?
    I too am looking at a pcc or a 5.56 or 300blk. The guys at Spartan were very nice but pushing their product will always lead me to check if I can from a user. I don't expect much at sub 20k, and still waiting for the truvelos to get to my local so I can see them, but I'm not very competitive so thinking a entry level cheapie might be worth it before blowing 40k on a Springfield, Barret or DD.
    Quote Originally Posted by rowanshadow View Post
    Spartan Arms also does the SAI 2.0, I purchased mine there and picked it up 2 weeks ago. The service from them is great, and the price is fantastic. Purchased mine for R16k last year. Haven’t put too many rounds through it but very happy with it so far

User

User

So I checked out the Springfield and the rest at SO when I went along with someone who likes to shop there and I must admit - even the basic Saint is pretty dang sweet - however quality vs money a new the M&P Sport II for around R18k is really good as well. but then when you add all the mods it also starts wondering deep into and past Saint and even towards Saint Edge territory. I did however have a fondle of a 18" Savage MSR10 -> yup .308 - walked out of SO like someone who thought every "full body massage" includes a happy ending - as it was not for sale and no stock.

Will go to Spartan when I get the chance... thanks for all the feedback everybody.

You don't need all the extra rubbish on an AR. A bog standard quality AR is far superior to all these mall ninja tacticool AR's.

My local gunshop has a troy. It looks really nice and seems quite solid. If I had the funds to add an AR to my list then I would probably go with this 1. The Ruger and S&W also feature up there

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    You don't need all the extra rubbish on an AR. A bog standard quality AR is far superior to all these mall ninja tacticool AR's.
    This makes a lot of sense to me. I've seen a lit of examples where there's an inverse relationship between the amount of gear strapped to a firearm and the competence of it's driver.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    This makes a lot of sense to me. I've seen a lit of examples where there's an inverse relationship between the amount of gear strapped to a firearm and the competence of it's driver.
    The only real extra piece if kit I would advocate for is a better drop in trigger. Stock standard ones are really not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I went with a 308 from Diamondback. Will be able to say how it performs in 7 months perhaps.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast