Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Expiring licenses

I have an unusual question, I put in my renewal applications for a couple of licenses end of January. Now a month later they are still not visible on Saps site nor have I received an SMS that they are in process. One license missed the 90 days when I re-applied and has now expired. I have no written confirmation, reference number, etc. that I have re-applied except that I had appointments with the DFO a month ago. I asked my DFO about the procedure and was told it did not matter as the date of the application is critical not when they put it in the system, this is fair but now I have a firearm with an expired license with little proof that I re-applied. What would be the best steps forward in such a situation?

User

Default Re: Expiring licenses

Do you have the reciept of payment for the renewals ?

If so then you will need to be carrying this around unfortunately to purchase ammo/ proof of renewal.

My renewal was also done 30days before expiry due to covid and such over a year ago without any issues .

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

User

Did you pay the required fee's and get a receipt?
    If so the receipt is your proof and you license remains valid until resolved.

I paid but did not get a receipt, they basically staple the payment to the application and then put it into the hopefully to do folder

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I paid but did not get a receipt, they basically staple the payment to the application and then put it into the hopefully to do folder
    That could be a problem. It's what I have always been told is what you need to keep with you to 'prove' your renewal application. Seems non-sensical since it doesn't reference a specific firearm but I guess that's par for the course. Perhaps you should see if your DFO still has the app and get copy of the receipt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    Very odd. Usually you get 2 copies. 1 for the dfo and you 1 for yourself.

You definitely need to return to your dfo and get a copy

User

This, you should get a copy and a receipt, if not, you have no proof.

Once my DFO writes the receipt number and application reference number of the form I also take a picture as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocali View Post
    Very odd. Usually you get 2 copies. 1 for the dfo and you 1 for yourself.

You definitely need to return to your dfo and get a copy

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu Ric View Post
    This, you should get a copy and a receipt, if not, you have no proof.

Once my DFO writes the receipt number and application reference number of the form I also take a picture as proof.
    I also Rarely get a receipt. I get system offline instead. They then promise to email you which never happens. So far I have been lucky that our DFO loads same day so I am able to track application.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE View Post
    I also Rarely get a receipt. I get system offline instead. They then promise to email you which never happens. So far I have been lucky that our DFO loads same day so I am able to track application.
    The 'finance office' at mine tells you to bugger off if the system is down which it was for 3 days in a row when I handed in my past renewal.

User

"(4) If an application for the renewal of a licence has been lodged within the period provided for in subsection (1), the licence remains valid until the application is decided."

You need some proof that your application is in process...get a signed and stamped letter from the DFO if he remembers you, or get a pic of the receipt as stated above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast