Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Expiring licenses

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I paid but did not get a receipt, they basically staple the payment to the application and then put it into the hopefully to do folder
    Go back and ask for copy. You need this copy with your license. If you get stopped with the firearm and date expired it will be taken till all sorted.

However the receipt will proof your awaiting still and have done necessary.

User

In a similar boat. New DFO at a very rural town. I did 2 renewals but got 1 receipt for both ( usually I get a separate receipt for each application with a ref number written on it for the specified license). Currently the available application I use to check updates states in Process. Here's to holding thumbs.

IL never leave without some sort of acknowledgement such as a receipt considering how things are handled.

Update, collected the receipt which is for 3x licenses & 1x competency, no reference number but better than nothing.

User

You can go get a copy of the receipt at the DFO finance office. I lost my receipt and went and got a copy.

How long does one have to wait until the applications are captured in the system? None of my applications are visible on the Saps site which would imply that they have yet to capture them. This is like 50 working days with the paper work gathering dust at the DFO office where I left them, probably still in the same tray. I cannot believe that they are so overworked that it is impossible for them to even capture the applications that they receive. I mean they are not even open the whole week because they need closed days to do the capturing. Maybe my DFO is an outlier in terms of productivity but this is getting ridiculous.

There is a dead simple way, which I use every time, of getting a detailed "receipt" for a renewal application, .

Print a copy of the first two pages of your SAPS 518(a) application form and ask (insist) on the DFO putting his/her date stamp on it. Page two has your details and those of the firearm/s you are renewing. DON'T loose your copy!

Peter

Well they finally updated my renewals in the Saps system, well it says that I paid. Funny though they did not put in the date when the application was launched, they used a later date. On one of the firearms this is after the expiry date of the license, I have the receipt which states that I handed it in before but so much ineptitude is just mind boggling not to be intentional.

Banned

I applied for re-licensing for two of my firearms in January 2022. I could not find my details on the SAPS system. Phoned them yesterday and the answer was that they are now only dealing with October's applications due to the backlog. Is it not about time that we declare them incompetent to administer their act and regulations?

User

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    I applied for re-licensing for two of my firearms in January 2022. I could not find my details on the SAPS system. Phoned them yesterday and the answer was that they are now only dealing with October's applications due to the backlog. Is it not about time that we declare them incompetent to administer their act and regulations?
    That time has come and gone off to retirement already.

User

I handed in a renewal in April 2021, 90 days prior to the lisence expiring.
    Then in July I received a sms that the lisence expired. I emailed the dfo who casually replied as long as the application was dated prior to the expiry date, they can process it as and when they do. In January this year they only started on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2