Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Decent leather holsters in SA

Is anyone producing better quality leather holsters in SA or are the alternatives to only import? Any recommendations mine are now staring retirement in the eye.

User

Default Re: Decent leather holsters in SA

Hope this helps, I have no idea how's the quality I just know this is South African.

https://elpaso.co.za/category/holster/

https://www.leatherproducts.co.za/ww...s-co-za-3.html

Banned

Kellerman. El Paso is shit.

User

I would have said Ross Gun Leather in Fish Hoek is (was) amongst the best of the best anywhere but I believe Lyndsay Ross stopped making holsters a few years back. I've got several leather holsters made by him and I have been very happy with them for years. Am not aware of anyone having filled that gap.

I wouldn't be quite as negative as GoFast when talking about actual El Paso products but based on personal previous experience with them, on a scale of 0 - 10 I'd rate their customer service about negative 50, off the bottom of the scale.

User

@BBCT,

I see jizni.co.za has some products with that name, don't know if that's the one you've mentioned.

https://jizni.co.za/392-ross-leather...egory=392&n=57

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    I would have said Ross Gun Leather in Fish Hoek is (was) amongst the best of the best anywhere but I believe Lyndsay Ross stopped making holsters a few years back. I've got several leather holsters made by him and I have been very happy with them for years. Am not aware of anyone having filled that gap.I wouldn't be quite as negative as GoFast when talking about actual El Paso products but based on personal previous experience with them, on a scale of 0 - 10 I'd rate their customer service about negative 50, off the bottom of the scale.
    Lindsay's stuff was fair to good for what one paid and I actually have been using a custom one for a while alongside a milt sparks. I spoke to him yesterday and he says he ceased production 6 years ago already and has no idea who manufacturers leather these days ( decent leather). El Paso is not an option.IL continue the search but looks like an import it is.

Banned

Try Kallerman leather

User

Quote Originally Posted by SBB View Post
    Lindsay's stuff was fair to good for what one paid and I actually have been using a custom one for a while alongside a milt sparks. I spoke to him yesterday and he says he ceased production 6 years ago already and has no idea who manufacturers leather these days ( decent leather). El Paso is not an option.IL continue the search but looks like an import it is.
    But who makes the Ross leather gun belts sold by Jizni? I find those belts are of high quality and have even bought 2 for my sons as school belts but they now work as normal belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    But who makes the Ross leather gun belts sold by Jizni? I find those belts are of high quality and have even bought 2 for my sons as school belts but they now work as normal belts.
    These are still made by Lindsay in Fish Hoek.

He is focusing on exporting belts these days, but still accommodates us with holsters.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    These are still made by Lindsay in Fish Hoek.
    That's good news. I have used a number of his holsters for various guns over the years and have always been very happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast