Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default incorrect firearm captured on SAPS13

Good day

Im in need of some advice or guidance from the dealer perspective.

I bought a GLOCK 19 from a guy that is based in Durban,we agreed to have the firearm Dealer-stocked which happen on the 2/02/2022 and i paid the seller together with the dealer-stock fee.

Now the problem start when i submit my application at my dfo,THE dfo decline my application based on the 10.5 INQUIRY ON F/A STATUS THE FIREARM STATUS is RECOVERED FIREARMS ON THE 06 MARCH 2019 with a SAPS 13 Reference number.

Upon further investigation i contacted the police station where this SAPS13 entry was made,i got hold of the I/O that was investigating the case that is attached to the SAPS13,he pulled the docket and confirmed that the Firearm in question that he investigated was a Taurus with serial number XXXXXXX,that is completely different to my glock in question so he does not no how the SAPS13 entry was made with the incorrect Firearm details.

Upon further investigation he also confirm that there is no cases that was open or enquiry attached to the Glock .

So my cry for help and guidance is how did dealer managed to get the firearm dealer-stocked when theis is the firearm status?

and how do i go about getting this firearm status corrected as the wrong firearm was captured by SAPS?

Your assistance and guidance will be appreciated.

Tanx

User

Default Re: incorrect firearm captured on SAPS13

Off hand that you're willing to share, but which dealership was this? I had something similar happen to me when the dealership filled out the 271 when I bought a 2nd hand G19.

User

Can u not get a gunsmith report to prove your firearm is a glock and not taurus

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by iceman108 View Post
    Can u not get a gunsmith report to prove your firearm is a glock and not taurus
    The problem, as I understand it, is on the CFR system where the incorrect details have been captured. If that's the case I doubt the issue can be fixed with a gunsmith's report. Maybe getting an affidavit from the IO with the firearm details linked to the docket would be an option?

User

But is it an incorrect serial number captured or are there two firearms with the same serial number. I say this cause when we check firearms at work with radio control several times a serial number will come up on several firearms and then we will cross reference details. Eg. Make/calibre.

User

The CFR cock things like this up all the time. I once had a ghost gun that didn't exist listed on my name. Took a hell of a lot of effort to rectify but DFO went to a lot of trouble to help me sort it in the end. Always a good idea to get a print out and see if all your records are correct.

User

Sorry misread, taurus serial is different.

Apologies

User

It has to be rectified in PTA, not locally

User

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    It has to be rectified in PTA, not locally
    Thank you for the guidance, but when you say Pretoria do you mean CFR?

And who enquiring the correction, is it myself, dealer or dfo?

User

DFO is the only one that can request CFR in Pta to rectify, but you have to provide him with everything he may need to make the request. You need to make appointment with DFO and find out what is required. Get his e mail and submit all docs via mail so u have proof.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast