User

Default Browning Ma Deuce

I see on this coming Saturday's Classic Arms auction there is a Browning M2 50 calibre HMG converted to single shot for sale. This would look great in the bin of my Landcruiser 79 for that "technical" look . Mind you for the estimate of R350k I could buy another Landcruiser.

Realistically though how would one license such a weapon - surely it is only in the domain of a licensed collector?

User

Default Re: Browning Ma Deuce

Yip, will be difficult to motivate for dedicated hunter. (Dino's being extinct and all)

Cat B and cat A collectors should not have a problem provided it falls into your theme.

User

Quote Originally Posted by paulnb View Post
    I see on this coming Saturday's Classic Arms auction there is a Browning M2 50 calibre HMG converted to single shot for sale. This would look great in the bin of my Landcruiser 79 for that "technical" look . Mind you for the estimate of R350k I could buy another Landcruiser.

Realistically though how would one license such a weapon - surely it is only in the domain of a licensed collector?
    You could even integrate a Hilux into your collection theme. Don't forget you need a PKM too.

User

The Browning M2 went for R300,000 plus buyers premium and VAT thereon => R343,125. Eish!

User

Quote Originally Posted by paulnb View Post
    The Browning M2 went for R300,000 plus buyers premium and VAT thereon => R343,125. Eish!
    That's not playing! Wonder how it compares to a 'busy' market like the US?

User

Imagine Rolling up at the local range and unpacking that baby! I reckon some RO might have a fit. For effect you must also unroll a belt of ammo, even if it can fire single shots only.

User

Probably for the best that I don't own a 50 BMG - I couldn't afford to feed the beast. I am already moaning at the cost to feed my FAL.