Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Banned

Default Re: Pointing a firearm

This thread is becoming fruitless.

Don't point.
    Read the legislation.
    Learn from a proper legal professional that deals with this particular subject. (Not your neighbour or cousin who does contract law etc)

Save for that legal eagle YOU WILL NEED!

Do you have back up guns for EDC?

You applying for anything new in the next couple of years?

The list grows.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
    The police can’t arbitrarily deprive one to the right to self defence. Or suddenly make your firearm licence invalid, for a purpose. The use of the firearm will still remain as it was licensed for, with all the duties and the burdens which that implies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They are not depriving you. To have a legal valid neighborhood watch. You have to get the permission of the SAPS in that area. If the rule in advance is. You may make it. But that no one may have firearms on them. Its a condition given before they give permission to start the Watch. If you say no I will still carry. They will just not register or allow the Watch to exist.

Its like going to work. And your work says a condition is no firearms on premises allowed. And then you still carry and get fired. They did not deprive you to carry. They had a pre condition to enter the work area. If you decided I aint working where I cant carry. Then you have to find another employer who allows.

Same as above. You need to follow the conditions they have laid before you joined. If you dont agree with it. You dont need to join.

User

The reservists, like the commandos who mitigated farm slaughter, were cancelled by the ANC. I will not raise a finger to 'assist' the SAPS without the full legal status and protection that came with membership of those organisations.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    They are not depriving you. To have a legal valid neighborhood watch. You have to get the permission of the SAPS in that area. If the rule in advance is. You may make it. But that no one may have firearms on them. Its a condition given before they give permission to start the Watch. If you say no I will still carry. They will just not register or allow the Watch to exist.

Its like going to work. And your work says a condition is no firearms on premises allowed. And then you still carry and get fired. They did not deprive you to carry. They had a pre condition to enter the work area. If you decided I aint working where I cant carry. Then you have to find another employer who allows.

Same as above. You need to follow the conditions they have laid before you joined. If you dont agree with it. You dont need to join.
    The neighborhood watch can prevent you from joining if you are carrying

The police CANNOT prevent a licensed FA owner from carrying if its concealed as per the act

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8