Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default IPSC club suggestions

I'm looking to get back into competition pistol shooting again, specifically IPSC.

I live in JHB Central, and would like to join a club between Alberton and Centurion as a max travelling distance.

What recommendations ?

Anyone shoot IPSC at guns@work ? That's closest to me.

User

Default Re: IPSC club suggestions

I would suggest that you try Golden City, Guns at Work and Rooihuis kraal and then you see which crowd "suits you more"?

User

You can also try TacShac at the Cecil Payne JMPD range.

User

Spartan Arms in Edenvale.

Home range by G@W and they form part of Eastern Gauteng. Host weekly indoor matches on Thursdays to dipyour toes. No affiliation needed any anybody welcome

User

Golden City or Guns at work - if you are a SAPSA affiliated member you can shoot at any club and shoot any province's leagues.
    (Both the aforementioned clubs regularly host club shoots and leagues)

Email admin@sapsa.co.za for details.

User

If guns@work is the closest then Spartan arms with EGPSA as province offers the following
    Monthly level 2 egpsa hosted at guns@work
    I think there is also a monthly outdoor club shoot at guns@work and you have weekly Thursday indoor shoots at Spartan. There might be other benefits you will need to contact them

Golden city will be CGPSA
    has monthly league, there is also a monthly club shoot and midweek shoots(every second week). Once you a full member there you also get access to the outdoor range to practice and use (for yourself only as far as I know, you can't take friends) but they will be able you give you more details

As Samizat said you can shoot any match anywhere as a SAPSA member. Club matches usually about R50 cheaper as match leagues are all around the same price 150/200.
    So you can mix it up between the 2

User

As a fellow Alberton resident your closest would be Golden City.

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    If guns@work is the closest then Spartan arms with EGPSA as province offers the following
    Monthly level 2 egpsa hosted at guns@work
    I think there is also a monthly outdoor club shoot at guns@work and you have weekly Thursday indoor shoots at Spartan. There might be other benefits you will need to contact them

Golden city will be CGPSA
    has monthly league, there is also a monthly club shoot and midweek shoots(every second week). Once you a full member there you also get access to the outdoor range to practice and use (for yourself only as far as I know, you can't take friends) but they will be able you give you more details

As Samizat said you can shoot any match anywhere as a SAPSA member. Club matches usually about R50 cheaper as match leagues are all around the same price 150/200.
    So you can mix it up between the 2
    Just a correction The Golden City weekday shoot is every Wednesday, not every second week.

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    I'm looking to get back into competition pistol shooting again, specifically IPSC.

I live in JHB Central, and would like to join a club between Alberton and Centurion as a max travelling distance.

What recommendations ?

Anyone shoot IPSC at guns@work ? That's closest to me.
    If you can travel a bit further than Centurion you can go to Magnum, the stages are always kept relevant and up to date as they designed/setup from guys competing in Nationals. It is worth the extra 20min travel.

User

Sorry for the thread hijack, but also interested in this, and was wondering if there's any suggestions for in Centurion itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast