Default IPSC Revolver Division

I've been looking at the rulebook for revolver division, and other than the cylinder count and barrel porting, there is no mention of a maximum revolver size or barrel length.

https://www.ipsc.org/rules/divlistP.php

Did I read it right ?

User

Default Re: IPSC Revolver Division

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    I've been looking at the rulebook for revolver division, and other than the cylinder count and barrel porting, there is no mention of a maximum revolver size or barrel length.

https://www.ipsc.org/rules/divlistP.php

Did I read it right ?
    That's the way I read it and interpret the rules. Are you looking at running an X frame?

Quote Originally Posted by lithium View Post
    That's the way I read it and interpret the rules. Are you looking at running an X frame?
    The biggest I'll consider is a 6" Security Six. I think a 6" model 19 is the same size and uses the same speedloaders.

I've owned a Redhawk, and although nice to shoot, for competition, pulling the trigger feels a bit like waiting for a ferris wheel to turn.

The fastest revolver I've ever owned is a model 10, followed closely by a Security Six.

The GP100 I had was 4 inches, and felt slightly faster than the ferris wheel, but not much.

I recently bought a 1915 manufactured 3 inch M&P 38 special for my father, but then he decided he's too old to to go through a license process, so I'm going to.

The M&P was later renamed to the model 10.

I still have all my SL variant speedloaders, holsters and holders that I used for IDPA. tons of brass, and a few hundred kilos of lead waiting to become bullets.

This one qualifies for Minor, later I'll find a 6" .357 for Major.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    The biggest I'll consider is a 6" Security Six. I think a 6" model 19 is the same size and uses the same speedloaders.

I've owned a Redhawk, and although nice to shoot, for competition, pulling the trigger feels a bit like waiting for a ferris wheel to turn.

The fastest revolver I've ever owned is a model 10, followed closely by a Security Six.

The GP100 I had was 4 inches, and felt slightly faster than the ferris wheel, but not much.

I recently bought a 1915 manufactured 3 inch M&P 38 special for my father, but then he decided he's too old to to go through a license process, so I'm going to.

The M&P was later renamed to the model 10.

I still have all my SL variant speedloaders, holsters and holders that I used for IDPA. tons of brass, and a few hundred kilos of lead waiting to become bullets.

This one qualifies for Minor, later I'll find a 6" .357 for Major.
    Very nice. I have a 6" .357 but find it a bit unwieldy for IPSC. Currently if I was to restart shooting revolver it would be with my S&W 625 JM 45ACP. Uses revolver clips which make a big difference in reloading times.

User

If you're looking, I have 2x Security 6's - a 4" and a 6" and a S&W Mod28 4" - I might need to thin them out a tad. I want to keep one of the 4"s

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by STEVIE View Post
    If you're looking, I have 2x Security 6's - a 4" and a 6" and a S&W Mod28 4" - I might need to thin them out a tad. I want to keep one of the 4"s

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by lithium View Post
    Very nice. I have a 6" .357 but find it a bit unwieldy for IPSC. Currently if I was to restart shooting revolver it would be with my S&W 625 JM 45ACP. Uses revolver clips which make a big difference in reloading times.
    The 625 is N frame, a model 29 is also, and with 44 special can easily make Major. First prize is to find a 4 inch one.