User

Default Endcaps for rifle

Where does one purchase decent endcaps for a rifle that has been cut for a silencer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Endcaps for rifle

Actually they are made for the rifles by the smiths who cut the threading. Due to the barrel thickness, pitch, length and all those things a smith will make them while the gun is in the workshop. Give your local smith a ring.
    I myself have not seen an off the shelf endcap.

Banned

You usually get one from the gunsmith when he threads the barrel.
    You don't get ready made ones here in SA. Best would be to take it to a gunsmith or engineering workshop and het one made up

User

Had my rifle threaded and the gunsmith included a thread protector. But if you don't have one a machinist can make you one or a gunsmith can make one for you.

User

I bought a BRNO Model 2 for my daughter that came without a thread protector. By some amazing miracle I found a nut in an ammo case of assorted fasteners inherited from my great grand father that perfectly matched. Chucked it up in my drill press and 'turned' it to fit with files and emery paper. Come to think of it getting it made by a smith sounds like a much better option!

As mentioned the Gunsmith who fits silencer will make one.

On my Factory rifles thats threaded it will already be on off course.

On my Ruger PC9 the End cap looked boring so I fitted a muzzle Brake to it. PC9 already had zero recoil. No has even less. And looks nicer. When its not on I fit a Silencer.