Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CCI STD

Banned

Default Re: CCI STD

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    My .22 rifles shoot vermin accurately with anything, target and competition is another matter. Both my rifles have rather expensive tastes when it gets down to an inch at 50 m.
    I bought a few thousand Remington Thunderbolts and Winchester "555", great for when we shoot among ourselves at tins out to 130 m, but not good enough for even a entry level compo shoot. I have a few hundred Guerilla rounds left and they shoot much better than the Win or Remington's.

All I can say is a repeat of what you will hear a lot, buy a box of everything you see and try it out. When you find a good brand buy a few thousand, honestly ! Work it out, your usage + 30% and then just bite the bullet. I found 1500 Swartklip .22 a year or two back (actually + 2 year, Covid blank spot) and I honestly just had no cash so I bought it on credit card, I am still smiling.
    Just buy a lot, a really lot and get over that hump in your path to happiness. Put money away every month for and till you find the right ammo and then buy a lot, a very lot.

If I may ask on your thread, to your benefit perhaps - Other .22 shooters, what do you call a lot of .22?
    I like to have more than 3000 rounds.
    Alot is over 5000 for 22lr, but it's not enough
    You end up going through it like water, especially if you have a semi auto

User

5000 rounds is a lot, 10000 rounds is also a lot.
    But 10000 rounds is still better than 5000 rounds ;)

User

I have found the CCI SV RN ammo to be pretty accurate out of 2 different rifles. Both have shorter barrels (15" and 17") and suppressors. The CCI SV shoots quietly through both.

With good 22 ammo, even 5k is too little...

I don’t know a lot about rimfire accuracy, but my Zastava .22LR managed this grouping at 50m with CCI Standard on Sunday.

I’m pretty happy with that. It’s used for shooting bunnies and cheap practice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I don’t know a lot about rimfire accuracy, but my Zastava .22LR managed this grouping at 50m with CCI Standard on Sunday.

I’m pretty happy with that. It’s used for shooting bunnies and cheap practice.

Some great shooting

Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2