Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Courteney Boots

User

Default Re: Courteney Boots

I may be biased, I like boots, have a few of them. I do have Courteney's and they are great, but they are hard, very hard and tough. I normally take 2 pairs on each hunt, always the Courteney's and something else, rotating. I did the same when I didn't have the Courteney's. Always have a back-up. Some people say they are to hard and to uncomfortable, others believe they are like cushions. For me they were hard, but having gotten used to them, I'm happy.

I note Wesley says buy something else, like the Lason's. However as is with us men, you can buy a Land Cruiser 79 (Courteney) or you can buy a Hilux (Lason's) or even a NP200, all for just transporting your MTB or the 2 bags of fertilizer for your garden... One will be better suited, cheaper, the other would be overkill, expensive and will outlast all the rest. The Courteney's have a reputation as being tough as nails, good support and unique. You can get the same in others as well, just cheaper. Personal preference.

ps. There is this believe that Courtenay's are expensive, which they are, especially at some bigger stores. However if you are not in haste, you could be lucky and pick them up somewhere on a discount sale, or from someone who wore his twice for a fraction of the cost...

User

Sorry, saw answer in previous post

User

Quote Originally Posted by SASwart View Post
    I may be biased, I like boots, have a few of them. I do have Courteney's and they are great, but they are hard, very hard and tough. I normally take 2 pairs on each hunt, always the Courteney's and something else, rotating. I did the same when I didn't have the Courteney's. Always have a back-up. Some people say they are to hard and to uncomfortable, others believe they are like cushions. For me they were hard, but having gotten used to them, I'm happy.

I note Wesley says buy something else, like the Lason's. However as is with us men, you can buy a Land Cruiser 79 (Courteney) or you can buy a Hilux (Lason's) or even a NP200, all for just transporting your MTB or the 2 bags of fertilizer for your garden... One will be better suited, cheaper, the other would be overkill, expensive and will outlast all the rest. The Courteney's have a reputation as being tough as nails, good support and unique. You can get the same in others as well, just cheaper. Personal preference.

ps. There is this believe that Courtenay's are expensive, which they are, especially at some bigger stores. However if you are not in haste, you could be lucky and pick them up somewhere on a discount sale, or from someone who wore his twice for a fraction of the cost...
    I agree with your reasoning, and funny enough, I also thought about it in terms of bakkies. Generally I would say go for the real macoy, but in this instance with the Lason’s, I think you’re getting a Land Cruiser, but with an NP200 price tag.

The only value I see in Courtney’s over other fairly priced options, is if you wear them as a status symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    The Hamba Boot.
    Thank you.

Courteneys are excellent boots. I have two pairs and use them daily. One ripple sole and the other one that looks like a BF mud terrain, not sure what they call it. They last longer than most boots and comfort is for yourself to decide.

Are they worth the price? I'm not sure, probably. Would I buy another pair? I'm not sure it will be needed. Ripple soles is 3 years old and should probably resole after this hunting season. The other pair is 2 years old and still going strong. Bear in mind I farm and PH so they get used way more than usual.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User

I am a geologist by profession as well as a Hunter and have used a few different makes of boot as my daily wear but my Courteney's outlast them all. I have a pair of Safari’s in buffalo leather and recently a pair of the Patrols in dark brown bovine. I’ve worn my Safaris in Zambia, the UK and Russia in all kinds of conditions. As others have said they don’t do well in mud. Mine are on the second set of soles. In 2019 I did a test in Zambia where I alternated days wearing my old Safari’s and also a new pair of the Rogue premium boots- 90 days later the Rogues had started falling to bits inside to the point where I sent them back for a full refund. Getting the right size is very important as well as putting an insole on-top of that sponge that is provided.

Banned

There are just about no popular boots available in size 8 or 9 in PE, I have only found a pair of Solomon's recently. I am told there is no stock.

User

I bought this Terra vellie 2 years ago. Worn daily and still holding. The local who told me about them did farm work in them for 4 years...still holding.
    R280 from the Ko-op
    http://www.tarzanshoes.co.za/work--safety-range.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2