Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    My PC bullets are a hair faster for the same charge than their bare lead and lubricated cousins.
    Thanks, thats good to know.

User

Default Re: 9mm Bullets tumbling on impact

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Glocks are in fact known for tight chambers. Most ammo will fit "looser" in other pistols, compared to a Glock. That seems normal.
    A-R IS 100% correct. Glocks seems to have much tighter chambers than most other pistols out there.

Banned

This Glock tight chamber matter, is it a good thing or a bad thing?
    One would think as a SD weapon perhaps a tight chamber could drop you someday when you need just "any ammo will do"

User

The sooty cases seem to indicate a lack of expansion and sealing in the chamber, hence low pressure. This contradicts my above statement. Very odd.
    Fiocchi primers can do this, the greater the charge, the dirtier the cases, had me foxed for a while.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    A-R IS 100% correct. Glocks seems to have much tighter chambers than most other pistols out there.
    My Shadow has a very tight chamber but all my Glocks chambers are loose in comparison to the Shadow. Ammo that works in all my 9mm pistols jammed a lot in my pcc, I had to load them a bit shorter to work.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    My Shadow has a very tight chamber but all my Glocks chambers are loose in comparison to the Shadow. Ammo that works in all my 9mm pistols jammed a lot in my pcc, I had to load them a bit shorter to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    This Glock tight chamber matter, is it a good thing or a bad thing?
    One would think as a SD weapon perhaps a tight chamber could drop you someday when you need just "any ammo will do"
    There is a difference between a tight chamber and a short leade.

A tight chamber will bind on the case if it is slightly over spec, i.e. bulged. That can usually be sorted by applying a "bulge buster". This is not an undersized chamber, just one that is not significantly oversized. Glocks are known for their tight (on spec) chambers.

A short leade is when a bullet with a bearing surface protruding from the case mouth contacts the rifling. This can usually be sorted by seating the bullet deeper into the case or changing to a bullet with a different profile. This is a common issue on CZ pistols.

Neither is really a problem, it is just a normal variation in tolerances. This is why ammo needs to be chamber checked and test-fired in a pistol before it can be recommended for SD (or any other) use.

Banned

Shot 150 rounds during practice today and not one tumble...changed to Vectan 9˝(4.2 gr) and increased the col to 28.3 ....

User

Good news. Mole whacking is very rewarding when it goes right!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3